Author Topic: 50mm pics very blotchy  (Read 8442 times)

Offline oetie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 50mm pics very blotchy
« Reply #15 on: 2014 February 06 08:15:07 »
wow, thats a lot of steps..  thank you so much for your extensive explanation! i will try to reproduce them soob!

Offline oetie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014 February 09 12:17:28 »
Soooo I've been reading up on the links you gave, Dimitris (sorry for spelling your name wrong the first time), and trying out your workflow. Failed miserably and will try again later.
I do have a few questions left.

* When I try multiple iterations of masked stretch, I get a pile of big neon glitter. I don't know the tool that well yet. Is there something I'm missing? I only modified the Target Background setting and left the rest on default
* Why sharpen the stars on the luminance layer and not the RGB?
* You name a lot of star reduction techniques. I didn't even know I had a star problem to begin with ;D Did you use all of them, or did you just mention them all for me to choose from? Same question for the combination of RGB and Luminance.
* Your version looks so much more shiny! What is the source of that? The smaller stars? The LRGB combination?

Offline Dimitris Platis

• PixInsight Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014 February 09 12:38:17 »
1. Masked Stretch....I dont understand exactly what u mean. Could u send me a jpg? What u do is set target at 0.1 (100 iterations)....then u clip some of the shadows with HT, then set target to 0.2 (100 iterations), clip shadows...etc
2. U only need to sharpen the Lum stars because all the structure information comes from luminance...so its infinitely more important.
3. U dont need to use Deconvolution, only MT reduction. U can use that because it makes the nebular structure more pronounced. That is why I use it, not because u have a star problem
4. What do u mean shiny?
Perhaps post a jpg for each stage...
« Last Edit: 2014 February 09 12:50:07 by Dimitris Platis »