Author Topic: Checksum error while downloading build 1023  (Read 1814 times)

Offline mcbbcn

• PixInsight Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Checksum error while downloading build 1023
« on: 2013 December 05 13:29:48 »
Hi,

I sent a couple of emails to pixinsight support & I did not get any answers.  Then, I filled in the contact form, and I did not get any answers either, so I thought the forum gets quite a bit of visibility, so perhaps Juan or somebody can help me out.

Also, I read in the forum that if I get a checksum error while downloading the 1023 version, I'm using the wrong user/password.  But, if I put the wrong password, it's giving me a 'wrong user/password' error, and if I put my real password is giving me a checksum error

In addition, I tried my user and password at this site http://dist.pixinsight.com/ and I could login just fine, but when I use the user and password for the 1023 update, I get a checksum error.

Thanks for your help,

Miguel Casas
Portland, OR

Offline pfile

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Checksum error while downloading build 1023
« Reply #1 on: 2013 December 05 16:27:28 »
hmm 1023 is in endor, right? that's yet a 3rd set of credentials… maybe you forgot your endor password?

rob

Offline mcbbcn

• PixInsight Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 December 05 18:39:54 »
Wow!  I don't even know what is my endor password.  I have the activation code, the user/password for downloading the software through the /dist URL, and there is a 3rd password?  OK, so is that something that I should have gotten when I activated the software?  Because, I read and re-read the activation message a few more times, and I don't see anything about an endor password. umm....

OK, i just did some research and I see the email from Juan on May, 2012 regarding the endor account.  I've submitted an email to support@pixinsight.com and another one through the contact forms providing my email address, my user ID and requesting the creation of an endor account...

I'll wait and see if anybody responds.

Thank you for pointing me in this direction.

M.
« Last Edit: 2013 December 05 20:21:20 by mcbbcn »

Offline pfile

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 December 05 20:31:13 »
i think i have my version numbers mixed up. 1054 is the latest release on endor. this is something past RC7 and has updates to the PixelMath process as well as some others. it was announced by juan here on the forum.

1023 is RC7. that should be in the distribution area. some users have had problems downloading this at times and i think there's some funny windows problem going on there.

so, sorry about that. it seems you do still have some kind of problem. i know there are a number of threads in the forum talking about this problem though so maybe you can find an answer.

rob

Offline mcbbcn

• PixInsight Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 December 05 20:50:44 »
No worries.  Perhaps Juan or somebody from Pixinsight can help...

M.
« Last Edit: 2013 December 06 14:05:16 by mcbbcn »