Author Topic: How to link two or more picture  (Read 1528 times)

Offline fildefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to link two or more picture
« on: 2013 December 04 02:23:25 »
Hello,
excuse me for my poor english.
I'd like to know if it is possible to link two or more images. Perhaps it is not clear.
During my processing I try different things and I like to compare two or more processing picture to see which is the best. For doing this, I change zoom, and I move trough each picture. It would be more useful if we can select the two or tree, or more, picture we want and after that when we change zoom or when we move trough one of this picture the others change as same.
Perhaps it is already possible but I don't know how do this.

Thank you
Vincent

Offline oldwexi

• PixInsight Guru
    • View Profile
    • Astronomy Pages G.W.
Re: How to link two or more picture
« Reply #1 on: 2013 December 04 03:57:39 »
I think there is no "Master Slave" function for image windows available.

The nearest solution to your request is -
moving the vertical name tab of the master window over the vertical name tab of the slave and drop it there.
This gets you the same zoom and image position in the slave image window as in the master image window.

Gerald

Offline Josh Lake

• PixInsight Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 December 04 04:35:38 »
Hello,
excuse me for my poor english.
I'd like to know if it is possible to link two or more images. Perhaps it is not clear.
During my processing I try different things and I like to compare two or more processing picture to see which is the best. For doing this, I change zoom, and I move trough each picture. It would be more useful if we can select the two or tree, or more, picture we want and after that when we change zoom or when we move trough one of this picture the others change as same.
Perhaps it is already possible but I don't know how do this.

Thank you
Vincent

Have you tried the Blink function? You can cycle through any number of pictures and the zoom level will stay the same, so you can scan large sets of data visually.

Offline fildefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 December 04 23:35:08 »
Hello,
thanks for your help.
Gerald I try your idea but I don't really succeed.
Josh I try the blink fonction it is really what I need, but it would be great if we could do the same things with the picture that are on the workspace and not only with the picture that are saved on the computer.

Thank again

vincent

Offline StefanG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 December 05 10:08:51 »
With just two pictures you can sort of mimick the blink function. What you have to do is the following:
1) Ensure that the size of image windows of the two images is identical
2) If you have more than two images in the workspace, select the first image, then the second one
3) If necessary, adapt the zoomlevel and image translation of both images as Gerald suggested
3) Now you can drag the second image over the first one
4) Press <CTRL><PageDn> repeatedly to blink the images.

Stefan
GSO RC10
QSI583wsg, SX Lodestar Guider
AP Mach 1 Mount, Eagle Pier
PixInsight, MaximDL, CCD Commander