Poll

How many ways do you think has PixInsight to open an image?

Four or less
4 (22.2%)
Between five and eight
9 (50%)
Between nine and twelve
3 (16.7%)
Thirteen or more
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: PixInsight Open Files  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Alejandro Tombolini

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Próxima Sur
PixInsight Open Files
« on: 2013 November 29 20:03:53 »
Usually, I open images in PixInsight in the same way, but there are several way to do that.
« Last Edit: 2013 November 29 20:11:35 by Alejandro Tombolini »

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Próxima Sur
Re: PixInsight Open Files
« Reply #1 on: 2013 December 01 12:42:05 »
Hi, just for clarification some examples of what i consider different ways to open a file:

1) File > Open...
2) Ctrl + O
3) File > Open a Copy...
4) Ctrl + Shift + O
5) Double click on the workspace

Those are five different ways

Offline Enzo De Bernardini

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Addict
  • Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Astronomí­a Sur
« Reply #2 on: 2013 December 01 19:56:20 »
Add...

6) Drag and Drop to workspace.
7) From file explorer (double click, drag and drop, or right click)

Regards,

Enzo.

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Próxima Sur
« Reply #3 on: 2013 December 02 16:59:11 »
You always can change your vote!!!. Two more examples that lets only two options for vote:

8 ) Write in the console "open" folowed for the adress of the image in your hard drive or in internet. Example: open "http://ec2-54-234-143-126.compute-1.amazonaws.com/big-img/FornaxCluster.jpg"
9) Right click over a file in an external explorer > Open with PixInsight (Both the name of the image and the name of the Directory have to be without space)

Offline bitli

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 December 03 13:46:36 »
Admittedly convoluted, but what about
js ImageWindow.open("my/file/name.fts","LoadedFile")[0].visible=true
in the console ?
-- bitli

Offline pfile

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 December 03 13:51:29 »
there is one more way… through force of will juan causes an image to open in your workspace. it is the best astrophoto that you have ever seen.

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Próxima Sur
« Reply #6 on: 2013 December 07 13:57:29 »
Admittedly convoluted, but what about
js ImageWindow.open("my/file/name.fts","LoadedFile")[0].visible=true
in the console ?
-- bitli
I didn't know that!
10) Write in the console:  js ImageWindow.open("my/file/name.fts","LoadedFile")[0].visible=true

and I add some more:

11) File > Open Location... and copy the adress of the image in your hard drive or in internet. example: "http://ec2-54-234-143-126.compute-1.amazonaws.com/big-img/FornaxCluster.jpg"
12) Process Explorer > Show Extension > and copy the adress of the image in your hard drive or from internet. example: "http://ec2-54-234-143-126.compute-1.amazonaws.com/big-img/FornaxCluster.jpg" Drag and Drop on the workspace
13) Process Explorer > Show Extension > and copy the adress of the image in your hard drive or from internet. example: "http://ec2-54-234-143-126.compute-1.amazonaws.com/big-img/FornaxCluster.jpg" Right click > copy Image > Ctrl+V to paste it on the workspace
14) File > Open Recent > Image files (only if there is recent opened images)
15) Scrip Editor > File > Open > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.

You can also open images from a lot of modules:

16) Blink > Add image file > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
17) SplitCFA > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
18) GradientHDRCompsition > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
19) GradientMergeMosaic > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
20) Cosmetic Correction > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
21) Image Calibration > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
22) Image Calibration > Add Master Bias > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
23) Image Calibration > Add Master Dark > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
24) Image Calibration > Add Master Flat > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
25) HDRComposition > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
26) Image Integration > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
27) Comet Alignment > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
28) Star Alignment > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.
29) Star Generator > Add files > Drag and Drop on the workspace from the open window.