Author Topic: Huge 7x3 panel mosaic  (Read 6158 times)

Offline paulobao

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Huge 7x3 panel mosaic
« Reply #15 on: 2012 November 20 08:27:56 »

I never used Star Generator! I will give it a try and report  :)

cheers,
paulo

Offline georg.viehoever

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 November 20 11:51:18 »
...2- I'm having problems with the Register/Match Images. In this case I use File where I put the Registered TIFF file obtained in 1 and add all the 21 files (corresponding to the 21 panels). But I use the whole files not the previews.

As far as I know, the previews also work for Register/Match or Register/Separate. In this case, you should not use the file list to specify the files to match. Instead, you should apply registration to individual images by dragging the blue triangle onto the target window (or, alternatively, select the target window and press the apply button (blue square).

Georg
Georg (6 inch Newton, unmodified Canon EOS40D+80D, unguided EQ5 mount)

Offline paulobao

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 November 20 12:44:46 »
Thanks  :)

Another great tip. I will try it too.

paulo

Offline paulobao

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 November 21 08:47:12 »
As far as I know, the previews also work for Register/Match or Register/Separate. In this case, you should not use the file list to specify the files to match. Instead, you should apply registration to individual images by dragging the blue triangle onto the target window (or, alternatively, select the target window and press the apply button (blue square).

Georg

I tried but I'm missing something!
Please let me know if this is ok:

1- Using Register/union (and using previews) I easly assembled the whole mosaic. A TIFF file was created.

Now for the Register/Match what should be the reference image? (the TIFF created in 1 as usual or....?)

And I should not use the file list (21 in this case)! But I have a preview in one of the 21 files, should I drag the blue triangle to the preview?

Could you give an example (say a 2 tile mosaic for explanation) ?

Thanks a lot,

paulo

Offline georg.viehoever

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 November 21 09:41:41 »
Hi Paulo,
1. use the mosiac you created in  step 1 as the reference image, and set Register/Match Images mode
2. for each of your tiles:
-- mark the previews as necessary
-- drag blue triangle onto tile
-- as a result, you get a registered image
-- save registered image
3. Integrate all registered images, either using ImageIntegration or GradientMergeMosaic (can consume a lot of RAM and compute time).

For step 2, I made a screenshot of an example that I tried. Reference image is on the top left, image to be registered on the top right, registration result bottom left, process settings bottom right.
Georg

Georg (6 inch Newton, unmodified Canon EOS40D+80D, unguided EQ5 mount)

Offline paulobao

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 November 21 12:44:27 »
Thanks a lot Georg.
I understand it now :-) I will give it a try and report.

Cheers,
paulo