Author Topic: Help with NGC6992 - How do you increase blue signal in a sensitive way?  (Read 5948 times)

Offline mcbbcn

• PixInsight Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Well...I could not walk away, I had to try to combine Andrea's tips with Gerald's tips...  ;)

I ended up subtracting the stars  from the Ha signal using Pixelmath (my first time using Pixelmath, I'm quite a newbie), but when I did that, then I had to skip applying linearfit from the Ha signal, otherwise the overall color balance was off.

Now, I'm a bit happier with this one because the star colors are a bit more balanced.

I'm going to leave it here for now, and as always, your comments are more than welcome.

M.

Offline mcbbcn

• PixInsight Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm pretty happy with the below result.  I ended up discarding the luminance, and using my Ha as luminance.  Then, I applied some of Andrea's and Gerald's techniques for linearfit, and I really like where I ended up.  The blues in nebula are back, and although it's not the amazing results that I've seen when using an OIII filter, it's actually pretty good for a blue filter from a light polluted pollution.

Thanks everybody for your help,

Miquel Casas