Author Topic: debayer is crashing pixinsight  (Read 180 times)

Offline pellis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
debayer is crashing pixinsight
« on: 2019 April 30 23:55:37 »
Hi Guys,
Has anyone had trouble with debayer crashing pixinsight? I have been using pixinsight for about 2 years and never had a problem with debayer, but since the last major upgrade, I'm finding that if I try to debayer more than 10 light frames at a time, debayer crashes pixinsight or generates a memory violation error. The error is not consistent as  sometimes it works as it should.
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with 8Gb DDR ram.
I might add, everything else I use in pixinsight is rock solid, just debayer that is a problem.
Any help would me much appreciated.

Cheers
                       Peter

Offline Tenngull

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: debayer is crashing pixinsight
« Reply #1 on: 2019 May 28 13:56:26 »
My problem seems similar to this. I have a large number of already calibrated subs in xisf format (originally cr2). When I try to debayer them, PI just hangs if I try to do more than a few in one batch. One to four seems to work OK, five or six and it takes a lot, lot longer. Anything more than six and no progress seems to be made in several minutes, so I end up having to force a reboot of my MacBook Pro. (I am currently set to run 6 cores, but whether that is correlation or causation I don't know.) Last night I ended up having to debayer over 200 files in batches of four! Any help also appreciated.

Steve

Offline Juan Conejero

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://pixinsight.com/
Re: debayer is crashing pixinsight
« Reply #2 on: 2019 May 29 01:43:21 »
Hi Steve, Peter,

Bug confirmed. I have been able to reproduce it with one of our test data sets. This is a high priority bug which I am trying to fix ASAP, hopefully today. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for reporting.

Edit: This one is problematic. I cannot reproduce it anymore on none of our testing machines. Can you reproduce it consistently?
« Last Edit: 2019 May 29 02:07:37 by Juan Conejero »
Juan Conejero
PixInsight Development Team
http://pixinsight.com/