PixInsight > Image Processing Challenges

COULD PI IMPROVE ON THIS IMAGE OF M42?

<< < (2/2)

bulrichl:
> Edit, also the gain was set low, about 20, and I have since learned to raise the gain to about 60 for my ASI 294. Not sure about offset though I am open to suggestions. For whatever reason I use Nebulosity for capture rather than SharpCap.

When using calibration frames it is important to use the same gain and offset settings for the lights and all calibration frames. Don't alter the default offset settings of the camera. I guess Nebulosity saves the frames in FITS format?

> I have some learning of terms etc before I understand everything you have posted on.  I did not add flat frames, though I will be re-doing and adding flat frames.  I iny had about  6 darks, which I will also some some in the re-do. I will also ad bias. The integration actially was done in Nebulosity. Isn't that the case that most PI users integrate in DSS first?

Oh no, you really should do the preprocessing in PixInsight, see the other thread. For more details on preprocessing, see my guide: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11968.

Bernd

P.S. For some reason your image of M42 is mirrored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version