Author Topic: New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA  (Read 928 times)

Offline fmarin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA
« Reply #15 on: 2019 April 13 07:46:34 »
excellent news, I tell you there are thousands of followers of pixinsight, in speech hipana, thousands are "very angry" because it is only in Spanish sindo that those who designed it are Spanish. You know you would have thousands of sales assured even mine since you would open the door to many but many people who do not know English, in Argentina where I live there are many people who would buy it and not even talk in Spain. There are many people in the Spanish forums that would selflessly help you to do it in Spanish. thanks for your contribution!

Offline RBA

• PixInsight Guru
    • View Profile
    • DeepSkyColors
« Reply #16 on: 2019 April 13 10:54:34 »
Thank you! At this moment my goal is, of course, to finish the book - in English. A translated version to Spanish might follow but it's too early to tell.

Online Juan Conejero

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://pixinsight.com/
« Reply #17 on: 2019 April 15 08:33:35 »
...I tell you there are thousands of followers of pixinsight, in speech hipana, thousands are "very angry" because it is only in Spanish sindo that those who designed it are Spanish.

If you reduce it to some hundred people, then we may agree. To be more precise, less than 700 users, summing users from all Spanish speaking countries. This is a small fraction of the total amount of existing PixInsight users.

From my experience, accumulated over many years, the only thing that could make thousands of followers of PixInsight in Spain is that PixInsight were free (gratis). In such case, very few would be angry because PixInsight is only available in English. And then I would be a cashier at a local supermarket (being lucky) and PixInsight would not exist.
Juan Conejero
PixInsight Development Team
http://pixinsight.com/

Offline STEVE333

• PixInsight Addict
    • View Profile
    • sk-images
« Reply #18 on: 2019 April 15 09:24:30 »
From my experience, accumulated over many years, the only thing that could make thousands of followers of PixInsight in Spain is that PixInsight were free (gratis). In such case, very few would be angry because PixInsight is only available in English. And then I would be a cashier at a local supermarket (being lucky) and PixInsight would not exist.

Thank you, Juan, for sharing a bit of humor along with the reality. I needed a laugh this morning, and, your response provided that!

Thanks also for all the hard work you have and continue to put into this wonderful program. And, hopefully, all your visits to the supermarket will be as a customer and not as an employee!

All the best,

Steve
WO Star71 ii
Canon DSLR (modified)
http://www.SteveKing.Pictures/

Offline RBA

• PixInsight Guru
    • View Profile
    • DeepSkyColors
« Reply #19 on: 2019 April 16 07:34:05 »
If you reduce it to some hundred people, then we may agree. To be more precise, less than 700 users, summing users from all Spanish speaking countries. This is a small fraction of the total amount of existing PixInsight users.

If PixInsight is fully internationalized, have you considered putting up a localization kit that would allow others to edit a localized resource/xml/etc file that YOU (not just anyone) can then add to the installation? I don't know how easily localizable the software is at this moment.. If when you started developing PixInsight you had l10n in mind as a possible future addition, you hopefully isolated text and other i18n resources from the code, then it's feasible. If you hardcoded a lot of strings, well, then it could be a monstrous job. I worked at the i18n team in Netscape back in the days, which means part of my job was to lecture those hackers/developers who hardcoded strings all over the code about how smart they thought they were yet how dumb their English-only coding mentality was  :P Eventually Navigator was released in tons of languages, you're welcome  O0