Author Topic: How to build a mosaic using 10 shots that will superimpose over constellation  (Read 559 times)

Offline rtemen

• View Profile
I have taken ten shots of the 2014 J025 passing through a constellation.
Each shot was a time exposure, and when the path of the asteroid about filled the view, I stopped the photo capture, move the camera to the right and then took another time exposure. Therefore, I have a path of shots across the constellation that I wanted to make a mosaic out of.

I would like to align the 10 shots to overlay/mirror my ten shots over the actual constellation.
This should show the path of the asteroid as it traveled through the constellation.
I have tried several times to use the Mosaic tool, but I cannot get anywhere with it.

Can anyone guide me to how to align the shots to make my mosaic?

Rich

Offline pfile

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi Grand Master
    • View Profile
you might need to make a synthetic reference which spans the width of the frames. the tool StarGenerator can be used for this, and there are some tutorials around on the web that describe how to use it.

however, you can also use MosaicByCoordinates if you are able to solve each pane with ImageSolver. that handles generation of the synthetic reference "behind the scenes" so you don't have to mess with StarGenerator.

rob

Offline rtemen

• View Profile
Thanks, I'll check it out.