Author Topic: M31 - Help needed  (Read 951 times)

Offline Steviemac5000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
M31 - Help needed
« on: 2016 November 26 05:48:03 »
Hi, new to the forum and PI. Below is my latest M31, approx 11 hours, 1/2 L and 1/2 RGB. Taken with my Atik 383L over 2 nights and the ED80. Flats, darks and Bias all added. I processed with the batchprocessing script and followed Harry's tutorials.

There is an issue with the stars though that i can't seem to correct, they almost look like they haven't aligned properly. I have tried re-aligning the image using staralignment tool but no joy. Then I also ran the subs through DSS and the problem disappeared!

Can anyone help with this please?

http://astrob.in/273219/0/

Steve

Offline biosif

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.astrobin.com/users/iosifbodnariu/
Re: M31 - Help needed
« Reply #1 on: 2016 November 26 07:46:34 »
Hi.
At approx 11 hours, 1/2 L and 1/2 RGB, you have an good acuisition.
But post somewere, dropbox or other place your final image unprocesed, or all files, flat, bias, dark, light. And then we can say you some about your work. Thankyou. Joseph.
Tak FSQ85, FLI ML 8300, CGEM.

Offline Steviemac5000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016 November 26 09:51:28 »
Thanks for the reply. The issue i'm talking about is in all the unprocessed RGB and L images and you can see the problem in the image I posted. There is on nearly every largish star what looks like a mis-aligned star on the right side in the left side of the image and on the left side on the right side of the image. The problem goes away when i use DSS.'

Offline RickS

• PTeam Member
  • PixInsight Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016 November 26 16:55:49 »
Yes, the problem is obvious but it's difficult to guess the cause from just the processed image.  Have you blink compared the calibrated & registered subs to see if you can identify specific subs that exhibit/cause the problem?  As biosif suggested, if you can upload raw subs and calibration masters then you'll have a better chance of a helpful diagnosis.

Cheers,
Rick.