Author Topic: IC 5070 should come out red  (Read 905 times)

Offline Twinkle Star

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IC 5070 should come out red
« on: 2016 September 03 04:03:14 »
Hello to everybody,
My problem: took images (50 x 2min) from IC 5070 plus darks, used Batch processing tool, stretched it and saw that this nebula which should be red was all green.
Camera: Nikon D5000 modified for astrophotography. On the camera display I checked the subs and there was the red color alright.
Settings in PI batch processing: RGGB, CFA ticked; Format explorer: DSLR_Raw: Create Raw Bayer CFA image ticked;

after background extraction and color calibration used SCNR to remove this nasty green- yes it was gone; but the red of the nebula did not come out - although it is there! Curve transformation does not help.
Can you tell me what went wrong?
Normally I use a Nikon D7000 not modified and this camera brings out red color alright - more than the D5000, which is modified.

Thank you so much for help,
Angelika

Offline ChoJin

• PixInsight Addict
    • View Profile
Re: IC 5070 should come out red
« Reply #1 on: 2016 September 03 05:30:34 »
Are you sure the pattern is RGGB? you could try exiftool on a raw file to check whether or not the header gives you the bayer pattern

Offline Twinkle Star

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IC 5070 should come out red
« Reply #2 on: 2016 September 03 06:03:48 »
Thanks for your reply,
I have figured it out by now. It was a question of properly handling the tools. I managed to deal with it by a combination of setting histogram and curves transformation in the right way - ...
RGGB is ok -