Author Topic: The Official Quick Guide to PixInsight - V1.2  (Read 1610 times)

Offline PixInsight Coffee

• Newcomer
  • Learn from the insiders
    • View Profile
    • http://pixinsight-coffee.com
The Official Quick Guide to PixInsight - V1.2
« on: 2016 September 03 10:49:05 »
Hi,

Today we are releasing version 1.2 of the Quick Guide. This is a free update for all the current book owners. This new version includes the below updates:

- Text content of the book has been extended by 50%. 14 new videos and figures have been added.

- Chapters with extended content: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10.

- Text revision in chapters 3, 8, 9 and 10.

- New chapter: "Dynamic tools".

If you need any further information, you can contact us by email at info(at)pixinsight-coffee(dot)com.
We're building PixInsight Coffee based upon your own experience and needs.

Best regards,
The PixInsight Coffee team.
« Last Edit: 2016 September 05 18:29:48 by PixInsight Coffee »

Learn from the insiders

Offline tomb18

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Quick Guide to PixInsight - V1.2
« Reply #1 on: 2016 November 18 05:01:08 »
Can you please give a little more detail on the content of the section "Dynamic Tools"?
Also you have not answered some questions as to whether I would have to pay again for more content.  This has been asked several times.
I find it very difficult to pay for your first guide when the information is given in some very clear tutorials on the internet for free.

What I am sure that many many users would like is to have a non trivial conceptual guide on processing images.  This could be clearly done by organizing images by type and suggesting a typical workflow.  There is documentation on the PixInsight processes, but one needs to invest time to interpret the mathematics involved and then one can understand what all the parameters do.
What is needed is a clear "user based" description of what a particular tool does.
For example, what does the MultiScaleLinearTransform do?  What are the layers useful for? What does the Bias do? When should you use this tool vs another?
What is Dyadic?  Why should I use this vs linear?   What happens if I add layers?  What is K Sigma Noise thresholding?  Why should I use this?

This is the information that is lacking not a trivial listing of the processes or the basic user interface.
I would be very willing to purchase such a book even at $100. 
If you want to see what $40 is worth look at "Understanding Digital Signal Processing by Richard Lyon".  Base your product accordlingly.
You should have the knowledge and ability.
So far I'm not going to buy this.

Offline PixInsight Coffee

• Newcomer
  • Learn from the insiders
    • View Profile
    • http://pixinsight-coffee.com
Re: The Official Quick Guide to PixInsight - V1.2
« Reply #2 on: 2016 November 18 06:34:09 »
Hi,

Many of these question are already answered in our FAQs.

We are already developing more learning products. It's a matter of time.

Best regards.

Learn from the insiders