Zero or Insignificant signal and more!

alanrock

I'm getting this error message during integration, BUT I have a question first. I have just switched to NINA from SGP, so I'm wondering if I need to reshoot my calibration frames with the new acquisition software, Also, NINA is saving my subs as XISF files, which I thought PI would like better, but my calibration frames created with SGP are all FITS files--does it matter?
My subs all look "ok", but when they do successfully integrate, the image is super noisy, and when it fails, I can see that the calibration frames are a mess. Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction?

As I understand it, calibration frames and light frames should be captured using the same software and camera driver....I'd try and reshoot your cal frames and see what happens. I don't think the file format will matter, but you can always save the FITS as xisf first. Disclaimer: I'm relatively new at this. :)

i agree with @JPetruzzi - you should redo your calibration subs in NINA. too many things can go wrong when mixing capture applications. heck even a camera driver upgrade with the same capture software can mess things up (not necessarily always, but it is still a possibility.)

rob

i agree with @JPetruzzi - you should redo your calibration subs in NINA. too many things can go wrong when mixing capture applications. heck even a camera driver upgrade with the same capture software can mess things up (not necessarily always, but it is still a possibility.)

rob
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

rob
I created new darks and bias frames with NINA today and PI is much happier. Thanks!

Back