Where is the NBRGB Combination Script?

Do I need to reconsider a "clean" re-install? That is, do I need to do a re-install in which I am not installing over a previous installation where, I think I understand that I may simply be "ressurecting" the prior installation.

I would do a clean reinstall. Uniinstall PI, reboot computer. Possibly check the windows registry to make sure nothing is left over, as well as the appropriate program files folders. Remove as required. Then do a clean install.

Hopefully that fixes your issue!

While you are about it, I'd re-download the 1.8.8-6 distribution, making sure you get it from the official Pixinsight distribution server.

I just stumbled across this thread while browsing the forum. I'm not a user of the script, but, prompted by the discussion here, i just checked -- and, like rodmichael, no sign of NBRGB for me! Running a fully updated PI 1.8.8-6 from the PI server.

This isn't one of those scripts that you have to download and install 'manually' (like, e.g. dnaLinearFit)?

No. Mine was just there after a normal install. This is the version and distribution site I used:
1603292125703.png

If there are multiple (mirrored) distribution sites, I wonder if there may be a mirror refresh issue.

Weird. I just re-installed, from the same site as fredvanner (i wouldn't've thought there were mirror sites for this commercial software?) -- still no NBRGB.

Not a problem for me (at the moment), but still, very strange....

It's also missing for me. I checked and my installation is fully up to date. I was intending to use it but I guess I'll just have to do things another way :-(

I raised this issue a few weeks ago and based on recent Forum advice:

(a) Uninstalled PI and re-installed PI 1.8.8-6-20200824 as instructed by PI;
(b) went to Script/Features/ Add;
(c) went to C:\ProgramFiles|Pixinsight|src|scripts\src to add the said NBRGB script but nothing there!

However, and here's the strange thing - if I access the src folder via Windows it is there but, as said, cannot see it via the above directions given by PI.

What's going on + how can I add this script?

Graham

When you say "there's nothing there" what do you mean? The Script/Features/Add dialogue is asking for a folder - in this case the ...\src\scripts folder. You won't see anything in it at that point, since you are just specifying the folder. When you select the folder, the "add" will search the folder for uninstalled files. That is when it should find the NBRGB script.

Just tried this (script/features/add), and in the \scr/scripts directory i can see folders for some things that are completely new to me ("Dygraph"?!) -- but no NBRGB folder.

But, unlike groberts, windows explorer doesn't show anything, either.

There isn't a NBRGBC subfolder; it's in the scripts at the top level (in ...\src\scripts).
... along with 22 other top level scripts.

When you say "there's nothing there" what do you mean? The Script/Features/Add dialogue is asking for a folder - in this case the ...\src\scripts folder. You won't see anything in it at that point, since you are just specifying the folder. When you select the folder, the "add" will search the folder for uninstalled files. That is when it should find the NBRGB script.

I go to Feature Scripts/Add then navigate to ProgramFiles/PixInsight/src/scripts at which point there a number of folder that are empty and no scipts are shown.

As mentioned, if I navigate the same route but via Windows i.e. not from PixInsight's 'Featrures Script', the folders are populated and, furthermore, NBRGBCombination and other scripts are located below the folders.

So, in conclusion, the script has been downloaded in the correct location but does not show when accessed via PixInsight to add to the script list.

Graham

PS I've just gone Scripts/Edit Scripts and can also see NBRGB script but am unable to add it and use it in the Features or Utilities Scripts.
I might add, thast as a new user I've never used this script before but came across it in RBA's Mastering PixInsight just after it was removed from PI! I'm fairly sure this will be of great use and am keen to get this working.

Last edited:
The individual scripts are not visible in the Scripts/Add dialogue; this is just selecting the folder containing the scripts, it doesn't display script files.

I have performed a clean uninstall, including all registry entries, all temp files, and all program folders. I have reinstalled a freshly downloaded copy of "core" PI v1.8.8-6. I have installed all updates. I then went to PixInsight/scripts/Feature Scripts/Add. I searched the src folder but there were no scripts for adding.

RESULT: No NBRGBComnbination script, anywhere.

I hope someone from the PTeam will look into this. Someone (Rob) was on earlier but they seem to have disappeared.

My problem is that I didn't have to do anything - it was just there. But...
... you have tried "PixInsight/scripts/Feature Scripts/Add". When you get the folder selection dialogue, it should look like this:
1603315069401.png

Note that there are no script files displayed in the folder selection dialogue. This is because it is a folder selection dialogue, not a file selection dialogue.
If you then click on "scripts" so it appears in the "Folder:" edit box as displayed above, and then click on "Select Folder", Pixinsight will search the \scripts folder for uninstalled files. It should then find the NBRGBCombination.js script file and add it to the list.

Have you looked in "C:\Program Files\PixInsight\src\scripts" (using Windows)?
SUCCESS!!!! It took about 4 tries, but finally the "Add" command worked and the NBRGBCombination is back.

Thanks!!! To everyone who participated in this effort. I'm not sure why it was the way it was, but now it seems to be corrected.

There isn't a NBRGBC subfolder; it's in the scripts at the top level (in ...\src\scripts).
... along with 22 other top level scripts.

Nope. I have the other top-level scripts (well, some of them at least!), but there is nothing in the entire PI tree that matches "nbrgb". Have tried the process described in post 37, "0 additional scripts were found". No nbrgb.

As i say, not actually a problem for me -- i guess you can achieve the same ends easily enough with pixelmath -- but still, odd...

My problem is that I didn't have to do anything - it was just there. But...
... you have tried "PixInsight/scripts/Feature Scripts/Add". When you get the folder selection dialogue, it should look like this:
View attachment 9489
Note that there are no script files displayed in the folder selection dialogue. This is because it is a folder selection dialogue, not a file selection dialogue.
If you then click on "scripts" so it appears in the "Folder:" edit box as displayed above, and then click on "Select Folder", Pixinsight will search the \scripts folder for uninstalled files. It should then find the NBRGBCombination.js script file and add it to the list.

I'm very grateful for this guidance but it still does not seem to work.

Following your instructions it briefly comes up with "1 addtional script(s) were found in the directory Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts" then it goes to "Searching For Scripts" and just goes on and on i.e. no apparrent final result.

Just to clarify a file (not folder) called NRRGBCombination is located in the above directory .....src/scripts but as far as I can it see does not seem to load. Just to be sure - if it had worked where will I find NBRGBCombination - I understood it was originally located under Script/Utilities?

Graham

PS the script has now appeared in Utilities and, I presume, will now work. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back