Weighted Batch Preprocessing update - v1.4.0

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
i think probably what you want is to tick the box called "compute weights after registration" in the Subframe Weighting section of the WBPP UI.

rob

akulapanam

Jul 12, 2015
How does the script handle different temperatures for dark frames? I started on an image in June when my camera (16200) could maintain -10c but now the nights are over 90 degrees so the best it could do last night -6c. I'm taking a separate set of darks but will the right darks get matched with the right lights? Will dark optimization mean that this isn't an issue?

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
PI doesn't ever look at dark temperature. it simply scales the master dark (if asked to) until the noise in the resultant calibrated frame is minimized.

i guess if you wanted WBPP to temperature-match darks you'd have to make up a fictitious exposure time and load all the lights and darks at -6c under that exposure time, using Add Custom.

rob

akulapanam

Jul 12, 2015
Is the recommendation to stack -6c and -10c dark frames together and let PixInsight optimize or just to stack -10c dark frames and let PixInsight optimize?

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
i don't know if there are any specific recommendations about this. what i was trying to describe was a situation where you have two master darks, -6c and -10c, and you attempt to calibrate the -6c frames with the -6c darks (and -10c with -10c) using WBPP.

seems like its probably not a good idea to integrate darks of different temperature together but i don't have direct experience with it.

rob

tommy_nawratil

Feb 28, 2012
my recommendation is: Stick to one single temperature and do not optimize darkframes at all.
Better make proper darks and avoid dark scaling.

akulapanam

Jul 12, 2015
It would be fantastic if WBPP could calibrate on temperature, in addition to exposure time, for those of us that live in the southwest. It kind of works with fake exposure times but with 31 hours of data its a bear to manage, especially since WBPP doesn't show the temperature property from the FITS file.

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
it would be a heavy lift as PI itself does not pay attention to sensor temperature. or are you suggesting WBPP should segregate input frames by temperature as well as filter and match a dark based on temperature? that is probably doable.

akulapanam

Jul 12, 2015
it would be a heavy lift as PI itself does not pay attention to sensor temperature. or are you suggesting WBPP should segregate input frames by temperature as well as filter and match a dark based on temperature? that is probably doable.
Yeah WBPP should segregate input frames by temperature.