WBPP v2.2 Released

I had assumed I was using the latest one you advertised on Sept 3rd as my Pixinsight system still says it is up-to date at 1.8.8-8 so I guess I need to wait for 1.8.8-9 to be released to get your latest script? I cannot see any other way to update to the latest script until this happens.
1.8.8-9 is available from the PixInsight download section:

Robyx
I apologize for confusing you. I was using WBPP v2.1.2 not v2.2 and that version has the issue with not remembering the CFA settings.
I had assumed I was using the latest one you advertised on Sept 3rd as my Pixinsight system still says it is up-to date at 1.8.8-8 so I guess I need to wait for 1.8.8-9 to be released to get your latest script? I cannot see any other way to update to the latest script until this happens.
Yes, WBPP 2.2.0 requires PI 1.8.8-9 because of the Debayer RGB Separation functionality so you need to update PI to get the last WBPP version.

Robyx
I can confirm that having downloaded PI 1.8.8-9 that WBPP 2.2.0 does indeed remember the CFA settings now.
Having checked back through my emails, it appears that I had not received any emails from PixInsight telling me that there was a new version.
Of course when you are on 1.8.8-8 and check for updates it tells you that there are none so other than constantly going to your download site I am not sure how we are meant to know! Why does the update checker not work as I would expect? It is bad enough that we have to delete the last version when updating so this is becoming very tedious.

I'm facing something odd (?) with the WBPP.

I run WBPP on a large set of 1700 frames and output them as RGB separate channels. All good here.

After running all my usual steps, I've put only my R frames for integration and took 10 hours to complete, only the integration!

I currently use only a Macbook 2020 that certainly is slow but not so much until now. At the moment I run WBPP from scratch all steps (pre and post) with 400 frames, output as a single RGB Colored and finished in 2:43 hours.

In addition to that I've noticed that now on the combined RGB I have 900 pixel row per step, while on the R, G, B version had only 200-250 pixel per row.

My question: Are there any changes on the background (despite the split channel of course) that we have to take into consideration and additional steps or changes that we have to do in our workflow?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 18.59.56.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 18.59.56.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54
Hi everyone

This is my first post on PI forums.

:)

I have been using PI for the past year, and have been processing my OSC data from my ZWO ASI294MC Pro.

I have NEVER processed Mono data before, meaning that I have never worked with R,G & B separate channels before.

With the new WBPP 2.2 which has this new option of Debayer RGB Separation, can some one please give me a broadline how to process my data moving forward?

With my current processing work flow, after the regular WBPP, I get a MASTER RGB file.

I do Dynamic crop, DBE, PCC, EZ Denoise, a tiny bit of Arcsinhstretch followed by the Histogram stretch. On the NON Linear image, I usually then do Starnet, and work with the starless image: Curves and colour saturation, and possibly some HDRMLT and TGV denoise.

Deconvolution is according to the target.

With the NEW WBPP2.2, I now have 3 separate channel Masters.

Do I follow the same processing workflow on the separate R,G & B Masters? Do I do my regular Dynamic crop, DBE, PCC, EX Denoise, a tiny bit of Arcsinhstretch followed by the Histogram stretch on EACH Master separately?

If so, at what stage do I combine them in RGB combination? When they are in LINEAR or NON LINEAR stage?

Many thanks
Ossi

Last edited:
Hi everyone

This is my first post on PI forums.

:)

I have been using PI for the past year, and have been processing my OSC data from my ZWO ASI294MC Pro.

I have NEVER processed Mono data before, meaning that I have never worked with R,G & B separate channels before.

With the new WBPP 2.2 which has this new option of Debayer RGB Separation, can some one please give me a broadline how to process my data moving forward?

With my current processing work flow, after the regular WBPP, I get a MASTER RGB file.

I do Dynamic crop, DBE, PCC, EZ Denoise, a tiny bit of Arcsinhstretch followed by the Histogram stretch. On the NON Linear image, I usually then do Starnet, and work with the starless image: Curves and colour saturation, and possibly some HDRMLT and TGV denoise.

Deconvolution is according to the target.

With the NEW WBPP2.2, I now have 3 separate channel Masters.

Do I follow the same processing workflow on the separate R,G & B Masters? Do I do my regular Dynamic crop, DBE, PCC, EX Denoise, a tiny bit of Arcsinhstretch followed by the Histogram stretch on EACH Master separately?

If so, at what stage do I combine them in RGB combination? When they are in LINEAR or NON LINEAR stage?

Many thanks
Ossi
Hi @oymd,

If you have strong gradients that differ from channel to channel I would suggest running DBE separately first since you'll probaly need differnet control points on each channel, then combine the RGB mono images into a single RGB colorized image and proceed with the crop, PCC etc...

If your gradients are absent or quite similar in the RGB mono channels you could combine RGB channels first and apply DBE to the colorized image since the same control points should work well on each channel.

Robyx

Hi @oymd,

If you have strong gradients that differ from channel to channel I would suggest running DBE separately first since you'll probaly need differnet control points on each channel, then combine the RGB mono images into a single RGB colorized image and proceed with the crop, PCC etc...

If your gradients are absent or quite similar in the RGB mono channels you could combine RGB channels first and apply DBE to the colorized image since the same control points should work well on each channel.

Robyx
Thanks Robyx for your reply.

Forgive me, I am a bit confused. Please help me understand the advantage of the separate RGB channels with OSC data.

IF, combining the three R,G & B masters can be done as the FIRST step in my post processing, what was the purpose of separating them in the first place in WBPP?

I thought the benefit of this new feature is to post process each channel individually?

Many thanks
Ossi

Back