WBPP Tutorials

STEVE333

Hi All - I just finished watching the new 9-Part tutorial on WBPP by Adam Block. I was having problems calibrating my ASI1600MM Pro CMOS camera. I have been trying the same calibration approach I used for years with my DSLR camera, but, with unsatisfactory results. His tutorial solved my problems. I found all of the tutorials useful, but, Part 9 dealt specifically with the CMOS problems which was most helpful. Maybe these tutorials will be useful for you too. The link below is to the YouTube tutorials.

Hope they help you too.

Steve

Last edited:
The pair of images below show the differece between stacking uncalibrated images vs calibrated images. The left hand image was produced by stacking the images without any calibration. The right hand image was produced by stacking images calibrated with Flats (flats calibrated with Flat-Darks) and Darks as recommended in Adam's turorials.

Cal_NoCal Comparison by STEPHEN KING, on Flickr

The Dark frames removed the strong amp glow evident in the corners of the image while the Flat-Darks removed the more subtle diagonal streaks on the right side of the image as well as "flattening" the overall background. The improvement with calibration is easy to see.

Thanks for looking and thanks again to Adam.

Steve

Back