WBPP stack images from different cameras in one integration

AstrGerdt

Hi folks,

I use a dual setup for astrophotography and stack all the images using WBPP. In the post-calibration tab, I have these options:
1683550690932.png

WBPP generates one integration for each camera. Is there any way to generate one integration for both cameras combined? Or do I have to do that manually?

CS Gerrit

i think this came up once before and robyx said that the image dimension difference is something that WBPP forces into separate integrations and it can not be overridden.

but i guess the good news is that everything should be registered to a common reference and so you can just open imageintegration, load both masters twice, and hit the round button.

Thanks for the response.

You are correct that everything is registered to a single reference, but local normalization uses a different reference for both cameras, so they are not normalized in the same way. Is there a way to change that? That would make it really easy to just integrate them together afterward.

CS Gerrit

ImageIntegration will renormalize it's inputs - it always has and it always will. so it will work fine on those two masters. LN shouldn't be necessary on the master lights if LN has done its job on the subexposures.

I'm not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing.

What I meant is, that WBPP normalized the frames from each camera to a reference image from the same camera. So when I integrate the images from both cameras at the same time, they will be normalized to different reference images.

Or is my understanding of LocalNormalizaton and ImageIntegration incorrect?

CS Gerrit

are you talking about integrating all the registered subs together manually? i was talking about integrating the two masters manually.

It was me who read your previous answer too quickly it seems, sorry for the inconvenience.

My original question was about the possibility to configure WBPP in a way that it stacks every frame into one single integration. You told me it is not possible to configure WBPP in such a way and suggested integrating both master frames after WBPP. That is what I did until now.

For a future project I want to stack all the images from both cameras in one single integration, that is why I asked whether it is possible to configure WBPP in a way that the images from both cameras are normalized using the same reference. That would make it easier to create one integration using all the available images.

CS Gerrit

Back