WBPP rejecting my light frames

Sycamore

Hello everyone from a first time poster and astro newbie, I'd love it if someone may be able to help me. I have been using an ASI 294MC pro camera with the ASIair pro and have been processing all my lights and calibration frames, flats, dark flats and darks in WBPP for some time without any problems until now.......
The list of processes down to and including debayer are all completed successfully but when the measuring process begins I receive messages that there are no valid PSF signal samples, no noise estimates are available in metadata, PSF signal estimates are not available and noise scaling factors are not available in metadata. The subs look quite normal to me and having downloaded Fits liberator and looked at the header information between a problematic sub and a "good"one can't see any glaring discrepancies. I have put a previous batch of files through WBPP again with no issue so I'm convinced that the problem lies in the capturing software part of the process. If someone has any suggestion of what I might look for or if I need to provide more information I will do my best to provide same
Many thanks from New Zealand
Pete
Image 29-05-23 at 7.45 PM.jpgImage 29-05-23 at 7.47 PM.jpg

Hello @Sycamore

Could you post the log file (the one located in the log folder) of your WBPP run?

By the way, the fit's headers are available within Pixinsight (FITSHeader Process also accessible via the file menu)

Good evening Nico,
Thank you for taking an interest in my concern. When I got home from work tonight I needed to put the data back through WBPP again to get the file you requested and, I have no answer to this, WBPP completed the tasks perfectly as it always has done. I could see the noise estimates etc as the process happened, couldn't believe it. Really annoying on one hand but a relief on the other. All files were added exactly as before, I just don't understand.
Anyway, thanks again for your assistance and the tip about the Fits header, there is so much to learn in PI but every step forward is a win.
One more real beginner question if I may, when the master lights are created by WBPP which one should be taken forward for processing? logic would tell me that the largest file should be the one but the autocrop version seems to be redundant if I take that route. for example I have master light RGB 421MB, autocrop174.8 MB..
Many thanks again

Good morning Sycamore,

As you can't get the log file I can't tell for sure but I suspect you problem was related to the cache functionality of WBPP
I would suggest to purge the cache every time you start over WBPP for a new set of data (especially If you are using the same folder for all your runs)

The uncropped masterlight is larger because it contains the rejection maps. The autocropped version is the logical one to process because the edges artifacts have been removed.

HI Nico,
Thank you for that, now I understand about the masters. Sorry to bother you but could you outline the cache purge process you mention?
Best regards

Back