WBPP not responding to CFA button on calibration screen

rroberts

I originally posted this in the General forum, but with no response, I'm thinking this looks more like a bug. And I see that some others have already posted the WBPP 2.5.3 behavior with losing all the frames in spite of having selected "Save groups on exit." The previous version I had as 2.5.0 which didn't exhibit either of these two issues.

----

I have a dual-camera rig where I took data for a night and am trying to do the processing all in one pass. I did exactly this same thing last month and it worked quite well. There have been some updated to PI including I think I went from WBPP 2.5.0 for last month's data (only processed a couple of weeks ago) to 2.5.3

I imported all the calibration data sing the directory import; the path includes IMAGTYP, so they keyword parsing correctly sorted the images into the Darks and Flats categories. CAMERA is also a path keyword and I imported the images for T6i-B explictly as light frames. I then toggles the CFA settings on all the lights and flats and it looked good.

On to the second camera, T6i-A. I loaded all of it's calibration data using the directory button, it also correctly sorted into darks and flats. Then I went to the calibration tab, selected CFA and Separate CFA flat scaling factors. But as you can see below, it doesn't seem to have taken. Additionally, you can see that I have "Save groups on exit" selected, but PI didn't save them. When I exited WBPP and restarted, they're gone.

I've tried existing PI and starting over, but I get the same thing. I've rebooted the VM this is running on and repeated. I'm not sure what it happening here. Next might be to completely uninstall and start over.

FWIW, this is on a VM running Ubuntu 22.04, it has 16 cores/32 threads assigned, and 64 GB of RAM allocated to the VM.

Any suggestions on what might be going on here?

1664250505094.png

There are two separate problems. One problem is the interface not reflecting the separate CFA scaling factors checkbox, which is a confirmed bug that will be fixed in the next release. The internal state is updated, but the interface is not refreshed immediately; that's why you don't see any change when you check that option.

Regarding the problem of saving/restoring the groups, this can be twofold: the groups may not be saved or saved with a corrupted state if a critical error occurs while you're configuring the WBPP (which I doubt is the case) or the loading of the group data fails for some reason. In the latter case, if you open WBPP and you see that your groups are not loaded, you should see a console message saying, "Error occurred while loading saved groups. Group list will be cleared."

If this is the case, you may help me to figure out what's happening by creating a WBPP icon in the workspace, saving it, and sharing it. This way I can extract the group's data and look at it.

Well, I was going to try to save an icon of this, but I've apparently run into other issues with WBPP. I was loading everything via the Directory selection. My calibration frames are all in directories with IMAGETYP in the path and the appropriate frame type. My lights don't have that, but the default is to treat things as lights; they all have TARGET in the path and I use TARGET as a grouping keyword.

I can load all the calibration frames by selecting the parent directory and they load and group fine.

I tried using the +Lights button to load just one target, but WBPP just seems to do nothing with that; the frames are not loaded, and WBPP is completely responsive, so it's not busy.

So I want back to the parent directory for the target and tried to load via Directory. At this point, WBPP has ben sitting there after a message (below) showing it's trying to process the files, but after more than 15 minutes, it hasn't progressed past this.

1664941335828.png

Back