Wbpp errors

bjoslin

Hi there. I have been struggling with getting wbpp to work. I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue.

So you know I am super new to PI and not sure I understand a lot of the terms and software yet. I made it through one processed image so far using Adam Block tutorials. See below:

Error [000]: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-helper.js, line 204: Error: File I/O Error: Unable to create directory: File exists: /Volumes/LaCie/DSO/2021/2021_11_5_and_7_M31_Andromeda_Galaxy

I am able to open these images with no problem. I have not attempted to try alternative or manual methods of processing this date. I tried to rename the directory and that didn't work. I also just tried a basic run in wbpp by just registering with cosmetic correction and that didn't work either.

Thank you!

Hi there. I have been struggling with getting wbpp to work. I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue.

So you know I am super new to PI and not sure I understand a lot of the terms and software yet. I made it through one processed image so far using Adam Block tutorials. See below:

Error [000]: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-helper.js, line 204: Error: File I/O Error: Unable to create directory: File exists: /Volumes/LaCie/DSO/2021/2021_11_5_and_7_M31_Andromeda_Galaxy

I am able to open these images with no problem. I have not attempted to try alternative or manual methods of processing this date. I tried to rename the directory and that didn't work. I also just tried a basic run in wbpp by just registering with cosmetic correction and that didn't work either.

Thank you!
Hi @bjoslin,
the weird thing about this error is that a directory is being created only if it does not exist.

Would you upload the full log file under the "logs" subdirectory that you can find in the output folder? that file contains verbose information and the operations performed before this error, I hope this helps to give a bit more context on that error.

@robyx Unfortunately I don't see logs under my output folder, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I point wbpp to a folder I created and nothing is there under "output". I created an output folder similar to the last image I processed.

What I noticed is wbpp has duplicated the folders for the object I'm working on note DSO's vs. DSO. Originally I tried changing the name of the folders in case a character was messing with the program and now I have multiples. Screen shots attached. I tried resetting wbpp to the factory default and still the same. Let me know what else you need.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 6.48.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 6.48.43 AM.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.05.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.05.04 AM.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.06.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.06.00 AM.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 63
@robyx I tried a few other things tonight hoping something may fix the issue if there is one.

I deleted PI and downloaded the software again (both newest versions). One thing I noticed is after deleting PI and re-downloading it the script it had an old configuration that I attempted although I reset the script back to the factory defaults and cleared all files.

I tried to register my lights manually outside of wbpp thinking maybe there was an issue with my files. this worked fine and alight all images without issue.

I tried running wbpp and only tried registering the images with the script and had the same issue as stated above.

There is a space at the end of the main folder name, after "...Andromeda_Galaxy /". Spaces are always potential sources of problems depending on the OS, most probably you'll fix the problem by removing the space at the end of the folder name :)

Let me know!
Robyx

There is a space at the end of the main folder name, after "...Andromeda_Galaxy /". Spaces are always potential sources of problems depending on the OS, most probably you'll fix the problem by removing the space at the end of the folder name :)

Let me know!
Robyx
:ROFLMAO: it worked. Kind of wish it wasn't something so silly :rolleyes: THANK YOU!

Back