WBPP crashes

I got it working but the stacked image is awful now same frames as stacked on old pc.
1624033695156.png

Attachments

• 1624033653503.png
    1624033653503.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 33
OK, but this is the "lights" tab not the "control panel". It's the "control panel" that really says what's happening.

If i disable parallel module processing it works painfully slow. If i enable this it max out the cpu within seconds of running wbpp and cant even screen shot

honestly it sounds like there is something wrong with your hardware; you should try Prime95 (or even the Intel Power Gadget, which has various stress tests, assuming you are using an intel CPU)

well, those diags can tell you if you have a bad CPU (or more likely that the CPU is overheating and faulting, meaning that the cooling is not up to the task) or if you have a bad memory module. (memtest86) if you find some fault, then if you bought the PC from an integrator then you should be able to file some kind of warranty claim on the whole machine, or if you built it yourself you could then buy new memory and return the bad memory. if the cooling is improper and you built the machine yourself then i guess you'd have to pay for a bigger cooler.

so no it's not the case that you would just have to run out and buy another computer...

rob

Bought both pcs 2 different manufacturers. Feel like giving up on the whole thing. Had a quick look at tbose programmes and straight over my head. I have unchecked the enable parallel moduel.processing and it works fine..

Just a thought...
... my son just had a rather similar problem on his monster gaming desktop PC: it ran fine until he did something demanding, at which point it froze within seconds. It turned out that his CPU cooler (a multi-fan liquid cooled system in his case) had failed, and the BIOS was stopping the system with a temperature sensor excess temperature fault. He ended up replacing the cooler. There is software available to monitor your temperature (sadly Windows, typically, doesn't have this built in). It might also be worth checking your BIOS temperature control settings.

It might also be worth checking your BIOS temperature control settings.
... folks who deliberately overclock their CPUs (hoping to get higher performance), often end up with the thermal management either halting the CPU, or winding the power down - effectively "undoing" the original objective. (If they disable this BIOS function they usually irreperably fry the CPU).

Went into Bios settings and chnaged the fan settings. So far so good. Fingers crossed now resolved. Thank you everyone!

Back