future fix WBPP and accented characters

nico1038

WBPP is a great tool and I am using it a lot to process my images. However the script deals badly with accented character (I'm french and accents are very common).
I did not report this before because I wasn't sure if Pixinsight supports these things but this post from Juan made me think it should: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/error-libraw-100009.16750/#post-101471

There may be other problematic situation with accent but here is the one I have clearly identified: when there is an accent in the output directory (let's say "Nébuleuse" for example) the script is working if I run it directly but if I exit the script (with "save frame groups on exit") and come back later then this happened:
1.jpg

And the frame groups are gone.

Windows 10
WBPP V2.1.2
Pixinsigt 1.8.8-8

Hi @robyx,

I've just tested this and it doesn't seem to be fixed withe the new V2.2.0 release: I still see the N�buleuse instead of Nébuleuse when I exit the script and come back later (with "save frame groups on exit") .

Nicolas

Hi @nico1038,
yes this fix is still under investigation and probably will be fixed with a patch release soon.
I will keep you posted!

Robyx

I'd like to bump this thread because, as of today (WBPP 2.4.5), this issue is not resolved.
It's not at all a critical bug and it's not stopping me of using WBBP (which I love) but it is quite annoying nonetheless.

I think there's still a problem with WBPP version 2.5.0:

If I have a folder named "Nébuleuse" with some lights files in the "Nébuleuse/Lights" subdirectory it works as intended the first time I use WBPP. I can define this folder as the Output Directory and import the lights it contains without any problem.

If I then quit WBPP (with Save groups on exit) and reopen it I can see the correct folder name in the output directory (I don't see N�buleuse anymore which is a progress from previous version) but my lights files aren't there (in the lights tab).

If I do the exact same steps with a folder named "Nebuleuse" my files are there when I reopen WBPP and I don't need to re-import them.

I'd like to report that with WBPP version 2.5.10 there is still something wrong if there are any accented characters in the Output Directory path. The files are not saved on exit despite the parameter "Save groups on exit" being checked.

Windows11
Pixinsight 1.8.9-2
WBPP 2.5.10

Nico

Back