WBPP 2.5.0 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the update. I would like to try them out since they sound great!
But being somewhat of a newbie to pixinsights, WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THEM from?
Version 1.8.9-1 is listed as

2022 May 18 12:13:46
I don't see any other location for downloads.
Thanks

thanks for the update. I would like to try them out since they sound great!
But being somewhat of a newbie to pixinsights, WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THEM from?
Version 1.8.9-1 is listed as

2022 May 18 12:13:46
I don't see any other location for downloads.
Thanks
If you have PI 1.8.9-1 installed, all you have to do to is go to RESOURCES menu, then Updates, and then hit Check for Updates. Install updates upon PI restart and you're good to go!

I don't understand most of these improvements, but clearly you guys have been busy so thank you! I like the new column defect tool. Works nicely!

One thing though, why is it now trying to platesolve the images? I just did a simple test run and it got stuck as it couldn't get a solution. Usually I do that manually to do a PCC. I assume it's not trying to PCC in WBPP, so why does it need to include a platesolve step?

Last edited:
I don't understand most of these improvements, but clearly you guys have been busy so thank you! I like the new column defect tool. Works nicely!

One thing though, why is it now trying to platesolve the images? I just did a simple test run and it got stuck as it couldn't get a solution. Usually I do that manually to do a PCC. I assume it's not trying to PCC in WBPP, so why does it need to include a platesolve step? When it got stuck I entered the correct pixel size and focal length but it still couldn't platesolve so I just had to hit 'cancel'

I also found in the log that platesolving of reference frame failed but it did not stop for manual correction and just continued.
After some troubleshooting I found that silly "ASIAIR" logged wrong focal length in the raw files FIT headers.
Does this failure to platesolve affect master light quality at the end?

BTW, PCC solved that very same raw image without any issues.

[2022-09-10 15:05:31] 350 putative star pair matches.
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] Performing RANSAC: done
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] *** Error: Unable to find an initial set of putative star pair matches.
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] <* failed *>
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] *** Error: The image could not be aligned with the reference star field.
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] <html>Please check the following items:<ul><li>The initial coordinates should be inside the image.</li><li>The initial resolution should be within a factor of 2 from the correct value.</li><li>Adjust the star detection sensitivity parameter, so that the script can detect most of the stars in the image without mistaking noise for stars.</li><li>The catalog should be matched to the image. Choose the appropriate catalog and magnitude filter, so that the number of stars extracted from the catalog can be similar to the number of stars detected in the image.</li></ul>
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] *** Error: Unable to plate solve image: Alignment failed.
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] This usually happens because the initial parameters are too far from the actual metadata of the image.
[2022-09-10 15:05:31]
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] ************************************************************
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] * End platesolving reference frames
[2022-09-10 15:05:31] ************************************************************

I see there is a new folder being created in this version "ldd_lps" what does WBPP put in there?

Hello Robyx, the Linear Defect Detection - Linear Pattern Subtraction does not work for me in wbpp. I enable them but it always gets skipped. In the log you can see that LDD-LPS is completed after about 10ms. Which actually can't be. ldd-lps folders are also not found in the working folder. How does the process actually work in the wbpp script if ldd-lps is activated?

Is anyone else experiencing starXterminator taking forever in the new version Pixinsight ?

Last edited:
Hello,
this new WBPP seems full of bugs, I am very new to PI and the previous version seemed to work really well, as a test I ran the same data set I have already run through The last version of WBPP, through the latest version and it never got half way through, I have no idea what I am doing at the moment so don’t ask me for anything..? but can you tell me how to go back to a previous version of WBPP….
thanks

Hi,
on the calibration tab, I observe that for darks the grouping keyword values are not displayed correctly (shifted by one column), see screenshot.
I think this happend also with the previous version. Maybe only a display issue, image processing seems not to be affected.
Kind regards,
Thorsten
1663001381594.png

After the update I cannot get into WPBB. Get this error,
Processing script file: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing.js

*** Error: Signature verification failed for 'WeightedBatchPreprocessing': Invalid code signature: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing.js

I am using Windows 10. Will this be fixed?

Brilliant update, molto congratulazione Robyx and crew! I'm guessing Eduardo may be responsible for a good deal of the excellent documentation as well. Exciting stuff, thank you!

One thing though, why is it now trying to platesolve the images? I just did a simple test run and it got stuck as it couldn't get a solution. Usually I do that manually to do a PCC. I assume it's not trying to PCC in WBPP, so why does it need to include a platesolve step?
Generating an astrometric solution will quickly become a fundamental step since a lot of future tools will use that information.
Photometric Color Calibration, CatalogeStarGenerator, and AnnotateImage are existing tools that work if the astrometric solution is provided.

I see there is a new folder being created in this version "ldd_lps" what does WBPP put in there?
That folder contains the frames that have been corrected by Linear Pattern Detection + Linear Pattern Subtraction step.

Hello Robyx, the Linear Defect Detection - Linear Pattern Subtraction does not work for me in wbpp. I enable them but it always gets skipped. In the log you can see that LDD-LPS is completed after about 10ms. Which actually can't be. ldd-lps folders are also not found in the working folder. How does the process actually work in the wbpp script if ldd-lps is activated?
are you referring to this last 2.5 version? if yes, could you share the log file?

Hi,
on the calibration tab, I observe that for darks the grouping keyword values are not displayed correctly (shifted by one column), see screenshot.
I think this happend also with the previous version. Maybe only a display issue, image processing seems not to be affected.
Kind regards,
Thorsten
View attachment 15880
this bug will be fixed in the next version, thanks for reporting

Hello,
this new WBPP seems full of bugs, I am very new to PI and the previous version seemed to work really well, as a test I ran the same data set I have already run through The last version of WBPP, through the latest version and it never got half way through, I have no idea what I am doing at the moment so don’t ask me for anything..? but can you tell me how to go back to a previous version of WBPP….
thanks
Hi @ShedAstro,

would you like to share the log file of a failed run? this would help to investigate the issue.

Robyx

@Minusman, one question: LPS+LPD works for gray images only. Are you sure you're providing gray images? If not, WBPP would behave as you described; it will skip the LPS+LPD immediately and will not create any output folder for it since nothing needs to be generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back