WBPP 2.4.3 Released

Hi again,
I am still not getting this and hope someone can help me.
I don't know why it doesn't accept the mater dark. (or why it is showing it as BIN 1).

Attachments

• WBPP_Calibration-error.png
    WBPP_Calibration-error.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 91
  • WBPP_Darks.png
    WBPP_Darks.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 87
Editing the FITS Header for the Master Dark, in PI , using the "Add" feature, worked.
I added 3 lines:
EXPTIME 90.
XBINNING 2
YBINNING 2

At least I now have a recipe so I can use my Master Darks from my library.

Attachments

• FITS-HEADER-MODS.png
    FITS-HEADER-MODS.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DARKS-SUCCESSFUL.png
    DARKS-SUCCESSFUL.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 81
  • CALIBRATION-SUCCESSFUL.png
    CALIBRATION-SUCCESSFUL.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi there

When I group by my group CAMERA and set registration "auto by CAMERA" the registration is done per filter and not by CAMERA. So in the following example all 6 stacks are registered differently so the first three can't be combined as is nor can the second three. WBPP seems to select a reference frame for each filter rather than each camera.

Thanks

John

1661592945807.png

In this configuration, WBPP selects two reference frames, one for QHY11 peeking the frames with most stars amongst the first three groups, and one for QHY163M picking the frames with most stars amongst the last three.

At that point, the first three groups will align on a common frame, the last three on another one.

If this is not the case, could you upload the log file? I may check what happens.

Hi,
I cannot get WBPP to correctly calibrate a small set of light frames.
I used the Master Flat and Master Dark-Flat the WBPP generated from a previous run.
I even put those two files into folders named "Filter_GRN_FLats" and "Filter_GRN_Darks"
But it will not recognize or use the Master Dark-Flat. See attached.
Unless the Master Flat already has the dark-flat subtracted?
Any help is appreciated!
Steve

Attachments

• WBPP_GRN_Cal_no-good.png
    WBPP_GRN_Cal_no-good.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
MasterFlats are generated in a two-step procedure:
1. Calibration of the flat frames with the MasterBias (or a Master FlatDark),
2. integration of the calibrated flat frames.
Thus there is no need for calibrating a MasterFlat. In fact you MUST NOT do that, or you will obtain wrong results.

Bernd

Okay!

That is different than what I am used to, coming from Nebulosity, where you integrate the flats into a Master Flat first, and then apply the Master dark-flat after.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there a chance for adding a "Pause" button in the future? Sometimes I'll have a long-running WBPP process that I would like to pause because I need to do something else on my computer and it's using all of my CPU. Maybe it could pause after the current step is completed. Last time, I aborted one 8 hours in and it didn't cache anything for some reason, so I ended up having to start from scratch when I was ready to resume it.

Thanks!

Is there a chance for adding a "Pause" button in the future? Sometimes I'll have a long-running WBPP process that I would like to pause because I need to do something else on my computer and it's using all of my CPU. Maybe it could pause after the current step is completed. Last time, I aborted one 8 hours in and it didn't cache anything for some reason, so I ended up having to start from scratch when I was ready to resume it.

Thanks!
If you cancel it and relaunch later, thanks to the caching system it will skip all steps previously done and will continue from the first not completed!
So, I think this is fair enough as a pause and re-run feature :)

Then how about a minimize button?
Currently, you cannot open anything else while it is running, because it takes up the screen, and cannot be minimized.
I can only run programs that are in the taskbar or by typing it in, but cannot access the desktop while WBPP is running.
Thanks!

Autocrop is failing on my Mac. Here is the results from the command window:
1671387534885.png

Not a major issue, but I thought I'd report it to you.

Thank you, as always, for your help.
Tim.

WBPP 2.5.6 'Remove Selected' doesn't seem to be 'fully' working. In the image below the masterlight in the first group was selected and removed but the ones in the next 2 groups below were not. I am selecting one at a time...

1672713444036.png

WBPP 2.5.6 'Remove Selected' doesn't seem to be 'fully' working. In the image below the masterlight in the first group was selected and removed but the ones in the next 2 groups below were not. I am selecting one at a time...
This is going to be fixed in the next release.

The frame counter as in the image above shows only the frames of one session even if multiple sessions (with a grouping keyword) are processed.

GDay all
I have only just started using PIS. I thought Id start watching Adam Blocks definitive tutorials (great videos) as I had no idea on where to start. One question already as a newbie; I use a OSC ZWO 183 with an L Ultimate filter in a draw. The videos regarding OSC show details etc but no mention with using one filter...so a tad lost. On stacking either via a folder or by type 'no filter' is under the columns. I check the fit headers and I cannot see any mention of a filter. I get that the software on the ASIAIR+ I use isnt smart enough to know that but how ( and if needed for processing) is there a need to put the L Ultimate filter type in WBPP? I had a go at processing and the picture is nice and green and eventually I got an image with colour. Is there a need or a way? Thanks for your time. Ta

Back