WBPP 2.2.0 grouping keyword don't match bias

I see something subtle. Can you please set your dark matching to "Auto" for me and report back if there is a difference?

Here it is.

Attachments

• WBPS_no_match3.jpg
    WBPS_no_match3.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 45
But you unchecked optimize. Now check Optimize (because this is what you wanted... ).

But I also do not understand the keyword logic you are trying to do here.
Can you explain? I do not see the keyword for your darks and biases..but you have it on the Flats.
-adam

But I also do not understand the keyword logic you are trying to do here.
Can you explain? I do not see the keyword for your darks and biases..but you have it on the Flats.

The logic is:
1. automate the flats calibration for different set of flats (FSEQ) - when I chose a specific dark for a set of flats I want that appropriate bias is automatically chosen by the CCD-TEMP2 keyword
2. automate lights calibration for different set of lights (they will have keywords FSEQ, CCD-TEMP2) - WBPP should pair to lights appropriate flat (by FSEQ) and darks/bias (by CCD-TEMP2), if the EXPLOSURE of dark and lights not match, optimize dark will be used, output from this will be only calibrated lights which I will use in Normalize Scale Gradient script
3. I assume, that if CCD-TEMP2 is not set (i.e. in flats) that this match to all CCD-TEMP2 values that were set in other type of frames (mainly darks, lights). It looks like this is not true and I think this should be true.

#1. I can't figure out in my head at the moment if you should have the FSEQ associated with the biases and darks. Do you have another camera (telescope)?? You need only match on temperature right? If you want to use FSEQ keyword- the value needs to show up for the biases and darks.

#2. Yes, you can do this..but you will always need to click to optimize since the matching will fail. Remember, you are using the Auto matching.

#3. Your expectation is unfair. You are matching calibration data to frames that need to be calibrated. You are not matching Flats to darks and biases. You are matching biases and darks to data that needs to be calibrated. You are picking from darks and biases... you do not pick from flats or light frames. (You do not calibrate darks or biases with lights.)

#1. I take set of flats (marked with unique FSEQ) one time in a week, or when a remove or rotate the camera. In this use case the FSEQ is used to create several master flats in one run of WBPP, while every master flat with different FSEQ is calibrated with the same set of biases or darks. If FSEQ will not be used, I need to make each master flat in separate run of WBPP. This is mainly about automation, because I process new a image only one time in let say two months and need to make 8 master flats at once. I don't have time to sit every 5-10 minutes to feed the WBPP. I want to automate maximum into one run of WBPP.
#2. OK, I can live with this. The main point is still to maximize elimination of manual selection of master flats, darks and biases to light frames and to calibrate them in one run of WBPP.
#3. This is true and you are right, except #1. From the error "Master Dark contains the bias and will be optimized but no Master Bias matches." it is obvious that in this case you match bias to dark. But the #3. is mainly about how grouping keywords work and how they group frames together. First grouping should occure as I described it before and only after that the auto matching should match frames together as usual. Can you explain how the grouping work?

By the way (for Roberto @robyx )- we have the ability to manually select darks. I do not think we have the same for biases.
I wonder if the manual selection could simply list both darks and biases? I don't see the harm in it personally and in this particular case- it would also solve the problem without any coding. Instead of fight over values- we can all see the issue- and manually forcing the issue seems like a good compromise so we can all just get on with life. lol

adam
I think the bias should match here. Most probably it's a bug I need to investigate!

Regarding the manual choice, I think that with a proper matching logic it should not be needed, bias just need to match by binning and keywords, optimizing crazy combinations of them it does not seem to be common.

Robyx

Back