WBP 2.0 issues

I am using MAILBIG file and have just sent files (master dark, master flat, and subs) from both rigs. I am at the point to just give up on using the new WBBP2.0 script and go back using the older version. Just, please, don't remove the old script with updates.
Updates are automatic so the only way to keep the previous version is to make a copy of the sources and feature old WBPP as a separated script.

Anyway I don't see how this data could work with old version too since the engine behind is the same and I expect you to have the same issue on both, isn't this the case?

Updates are automatic so the only way to keep the previous version is to make a copy of the sources and feature old WBPP as a separated script.

Anyway I don't see how this data could work with old version too since the engine behind is the same and I expect you to have the same issue on both, isn't this the case?
Oh boy. I was counting on returning to the older version as I had zero problems with that. In fact until this last update, the new script worked flawlessly. ...and the only thing that I see different is the new tab and a few other things that were removed.

Your master dark has an mean value of 820, your Ha light frame has a mean of 420. There is definitely something different in the settings used to capture darks and lights, when calibration performs the subtractions most of the Ha signal gets rounded to zero.

I'm quite sure this would not work with the old version too, unless you had dark optimization enabled (which affects the scaling of the master dark).

I really think IF the same session works on version 1.5.3 the only explanation is that some settings in WBPP 2.0 are different form version 1.5.3.

If you still have a log file from a working integration with version 1.5.3 maybe I can compare...

Your master dark has an mean value of 820, your Ha light frame has a mean of 420. There is definitely something different in the settings used to capture darks and lights, when calibration performs the subtractions most of the Ha signal gets rounded to zero.

I'm quite sure this would not work with the old version too, unless you had dark optimization enabled (which affects the scaling of the master dark).

I really think IF the same session works on version 1.5.3 the only explanation is that some settings in WBPP 2.0 are different form version 1.5.3.

If you still have a log file from a working integration with version 1.5.3 maybe I can compare...
[/QUOTE

I have mislead you. I do not know if I can successfully process using the older version. But since I never had any problems prior I assumed I could continue using the older version.

I have a library of darks, flats, and flat darks. I redid the flats and flat darks this past week....but the darks have been used successfully for several months. Are you saying you feel my issue lies within the darks, flats, and flat darks. I am using cmos cameras - two different ASI1600MM-C pros and they each have their own libraries and they both are returning uncessfully results using WBBP 2. Whew! I am sorry to be so lost in figuring this out for myself (old retired football coach).

yes it's accessible. I've found only two logs written by wbpp v1.5.2, both containing only light frames with L filter, so neither Ha nor B/G filters there.

Moreover, I've noticed that you calibrated all flats with short exposures with a master dark with 30 seconds exposure, you should not to that side the amount of noise are incomparable. By the way that's another topic, I didn't find anything comparable with the session that raises the reported issue at the beginning...

Robyx

My suggestion is to reload all darks/flats/lights in wbpp 2.0.2, to regenerate all masters.

Pay attention to the control panel and all the warnings highlighting the exposure differences detected which can always cause issues unless you know exactly that it could work.

Regarding the specific issue with the Ha channel I cannot state anything at the moment since I don't have anything concrete to compare with previous WBPP version.

Robyx

yes it's accessible. I've found only two logs written by wbpp v1.5.2, both containing only light frames with L filter, so neither Ha nor B/G filters there.

Moreover, I've noticed that you calibrated all flats with short exposures with a master dark with 30 seconds exposure, you should not to that side the amount of noise are incomparable. By the way that's another topic, I didn't find anything comparable with the session that raises the reported issue at the beginning...

Robyx
I am so confused. I have flat darks with the exact exposure times as the flats. My lights were shot at 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 300 seconds for LUM, RGB, and HA respectively. Also darks with 30, 60, and 300 were used. Why would the flats be calibrated with the 30 second exposures when flat darks are available. Here is a screen shot that seems ok to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.03.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.03.46 AM.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 46
That's correct for the session you posted, I was talking about the log files I've found in the dropbox folder with respect WBPP version 1.5.2.

Both these log files describe a session where there were no darks so short.

That's correct for the session you posted, I was talking about the log files I've found in the dropbox folder with respect WBPP version 1.5.2.

Both these log files describe a session where there were no darks so short.
Yessir.....I think I just put darks and lights only up to see if the lights would process. I was struggling to try to figure out by the process of elimination what is happening. I tried so many things all day yesterday....the night before I had two rigs both shot two different targets ...all of the data seem great when blinked but none of it processed in WBB2. I tried one set of data in Deep Sky Stacker and that worked. So I am missing the "know how" to adjust the sliders to remedy. I really do not know what I am looking for.....as computer stuff is out of my wheelhouse. I was counting on the default settings working. Later tonight I plan to see if DSS can resolve these others sets of data. and if that works I guess I can use DSS for pre processing and pixinsight for everything else. If you have any suggestions or guidance on what I can try (from redoing darks, flats, and flat darks libraries) as I know my lights are ok. I just do not know what to tweak or where to start.....I will try all suggestions

My suggestion is to reload all darks/flats/lights in wbpp 2.0.2, to regenerate all masters.

Pay attention to the control panel and all the warnings highlighting the exposure differences detected which can always cause issues unless you know exactly that it could work.

Regarding the specific issue with the Ha channel I cannot state anything at the moment since I don't have anything concrete to compare with previous WBPP version.

Robyx
I will be trying this tonight.

I just re ran the files - no masters were used. I got the identical error message. I have attached the log files (ZIPPED) hope they open. It is just strange that 4 different sets of data taken by two kits are delivering errors. I am sure it is something I could fix if I knew what I was doing. Surely I am not the only one having this experience??

Attachments

• 20210222191944.txt.zip
    144 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I know this may not be what you want... but I do hope this Guide is referenced for people to review in addition to the suggestions being made.
EOVer did you have a chance to review it?

It is still evolving..but there might be something there for you.
-Adam
No sir. I have picked up what I know from Warren Keller's IP4AP website.....and a few others, Adam Block has 9 videos out on this new script that are very helpful. I re-watched Warren's newly added videos as well. BTW, I just successfully pre processed one of the troubled sets of images and supporting files using Deep Sky Stacker. I hate having to use it but so far I am stuck and unable to wrap my head around what I might be able to do with the new WBPP 2 script settings. At the same time I never expected the latest script to be such a challenge to work......up until now even this old football coach never had a problems with the scripts. I considering downloading one of the older Pixinsight software programs....not too sure if i want to backup to the release in oct or go even further back just to make sure. Those never failed me. Thanks for your help....I will click on the link and read the guide.

Last edited:
Dog gone Adam. I just clicked on the link and those videos I have watched. Are you the Adam that made those? I feel like they are a must watch - especially helpful with the groupings features in the last 2 vids.

Dog gone Adam. I just clicked on the link and those videos I have watched. Are you the Adam that made those? I feel like they are a must watch - especially helpful with the groupings features in the last 2 vids.

Yes... it is not coincidence. I am the same Adam.
If my videos were *truly* helpful...they may have solved your original issue.
Did they? Please let me know if you want to try again, now having watched the videos.
-adam

Back