WBP 2.0 issues

eoverstreet

I have not had any issues with any of the prior batch preprocessiong scripts. But the most recent WBP 2.0 is not working. I can preocessing the images successfully using DSS.....and if I use the older version. I have tried several sets of data and still fail. My most recent return this error message "StarAlignment Cannot execute instance in the global context Reason: no target images have been defined" I know I am doing something wrong....I just do not know what to change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 8.30.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 8.30.51 AM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 42
Hi @eoverstreet, I'm willing to investigate the issue and help you to use WBPP successfully.
For that it would be very useful if you could upload the log file that you can find under the "logs" subfolder of the output folder.

Let me know if you can find it :)

Robyx

Hi @eoverstreet, I'm willing to investigate the issue and help you to use WBPP successfully.
For that it would be very useful if you could upload the log file that you can find under the "logs" subfolder of the output folder.

Let me know if you can find it :)

Robyx
This is from the most recent attempt.

Ah.....I see what is happening. I get this message ...check the screen shot. I do not know how to upload a log file.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.20.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.20.57 AM.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 50
I don't see any error in this log file, is this referring to the run that raised the issue reported at the beginning?

I don't see any error in this log file, is this referring to the run that raised the issue reported at the beginning?
I just tried sending another log and getting file too large

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.52.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.52.08 AM.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 42
This is another......not too sure why errors are not included in prior logs. Crazy

Attachments

• 20210222133229.txt
    831.8 KB · Views: 48
I just sent you several log files using a program called MAILBIGFILE. I have dropbox but this is faster. Also, run two rigs at the same time....data from both kits are not processing using the new WBPP 2.0 so I am sending another set of logs from MAILBIGFILE with those logs. BTW, I tried using 9 blue lights, master dark, master flat dark, and master flat and those processed ok. But when add the other subs - I get the star alignment message. Every thing looks fine. Also, it RESET everything and started from scratch - and I still have those issues

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.03.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.03.46 AM.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 39
I see two different issues:

1. Ha files has calibration issues, WBPP is not able to detect any star on calibrated Ha light frames. I guess something is wrong here, could you share an uncalibrated Ha frame and both the master dark (300s) and master flat? I can check what's wrong...

2. some light frames with G and B filters are correctly measured but they fail to register. In this case adjusting the registration parameters could help but it's hard to tell you exactly what to tune since I cannot infer the reason of the failure from the log. Noise reduction and log sensitivity helped me in the past to help registration of more issued light frames, more over using Cosmetic Correction helps to remove hot pixels that sometimes remains after calibration and are taken as small stars...

If you post links via dropbox (or other generally visible cloud location), you may find other users willing to help.

I see two different issues:

1. Ha files has calibration issues, WBPP is not able to detect any star on calibrated Ha light frames. I guess something is wrong here, could you share an uncalibrated Ha frame and both the master dark (300s) and master flat? I can check what's wrong...

2. some light frames with G and B filters are correctly measured but they fail to register. In this case adjusting the registration parameters could help but it's hard to tell you exactly what to tune since I cannot infer the reason of the failure from the log. Noise reduction and log sensitivity helped me in the past to help registration of more issued light frames, more over using Cosmetic Correction helps to remove hot pixels that sometimes remains after calibration and are taken as small stars...
I will send you all of the files using MAILBIGFILE and again.....I am lost on knowing what two tweak. Just frustrating that I am not getting any results after long waits.

As @fredvanner mentioned, it would be better to share a link to a cloud storage if possible :) If not let me do it for you once I'll receive the files, is that ok?

I am using MAILBIG file and have just sent files (master dark, master flat, and subs) from both rigs. I am at the point to just give up on using the new WBBP2.0 script and go back using the older version. Just, please, don't remove the old script with updates.

Back