Warning: No correlation between the master dark and target frames - Channel 0

I will go through your video again. I will check for zero's tomorrow. Thanks Adam.

The calibration options are not grayed out at first. They are after running WBPP. I always run CosmeticCorrection - Sigma 3.0 Hot Sigma only Lights before I use the data.

I will go through your video again. I will check for zero's tomorrow. Thanks Adam.

They are after running WBPP.

Yes.. correct... they are grayed out after running WBPP because now MasterFiles are loaded... not groups of raw files that need to be calibrated.

Perhaps this may need clarification for some folks. If in your WBPP selected frames (dark, flat or bias, as selected on the corresponding tab) there is a group of frames and a corresponding master frame, then only the master will be selected and displayed in the control tab, and will be used for processing; no processing options will be displayed for that group (since the master has already been processed). If you want to create a new master, then remove the old master from the corresponding files list.
One further point: from the screenshot in post #14 it is clear that it is the flat calibration that is causing the "no correlation..." warnings. Depending on the camera this may not be surprising; for many modern CMOS cameras (including my ASI2600C) there is virtually no dark current for short exposures, so dark optimisation, even with well-matched flat darks, may fail (so don 't select optimisation). You can calibrate with bias only or with an (unoptimised) matching master dark including bias.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. I am using an ASI2600MC Pro. I will reprocess with optimization OFF.

I use a tracing panel and a t-shirt for taking Flats. With this setup my Flats are under a second. This time on NGC 6992 I added a neutral density #3 filter so I could take longer Flats. I successfully processed NGC 6992 with this setup, modified Flat panel several times. Later when I went to reprocess I started having issues.

Adam - I reviewed your video again and had some issues with my FIT subs. I will try again later today.

Adam – Don’t feel obligated to process the subs below. I am only sharing them if you want to have a quick look around.

Veil CC Lights
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuZb3DgF7iwzl9JSfD16S2pdmUFvVZth/view?usp=sharing

Veil Flats
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iJcJuE01Y34Y4bgFgt_T37NeP3XPXk5g/view?usp=sharing

Veil Flat Darks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3w6j2fKncJldHqhjHXNhr1bO_qTM773/view?usp=sharing

Veil Darks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_RDKKwL55NMlSx1SvFB2pltnDnbZkQd/view?usp=sharing

Veil BIAS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19W6iHJ_2RgBU6NlGkqVwsbrSlQC17GEB/view?usp=sharing

It looks like the servers for Photometric Color Calibration are down so I can’t do any processing. I have to run up to Happy Jack to make sure my cabin is fully winterized and should be back Friday.

The files made available above are not publicly shared (it requires permission to download)-
I think when the link is created, you need to specify available to "anyone that has the link."

Back in town – I went back and reprocessed two past images in addition to the one I am having issues with and the black-point after PhotometricColorCalibration or BackgroundNeutralization / ColorCorrection still has back-point issues. Both the current and past processed images were correctly processed in the past. Now the images are saturated with a black background and the target image is barely visible. I used the same processing as before when the images were correctly color corrected.
  • Blink
  • CosmeticCorrection
  • WBPP
  • NormalizeScaleGradient
  • ImageIntegration
  • AutomaticBackgroundExtractor or DynamicBackgroundExtractor
  • STF
  • BackgroundNeutralization / ColorCorrection or Photometric Color Calibration
Just to make sure I have tried reprocessing with ‘FLAT => Calibration Settings => ‘Optimize Master Dark’ ON and OFF and get the same results. With FLAT ‘Optimize Master Dark’ ON I get "Warning: No correlation between the master dark and target frames - Channel 0". LIGHT => Calibration Settings ‘Optimize Master Dark’ is ON. I have tried loading the subs into WBPP 2.2 using the Sub Tabs and ‘Add Custom’ and have the same issues. I have also tried deleting the cashed PI Temp files in addition to reinstalling PI.

Question – should WBPP Lights => Subframe Weighting => Force Images Measurement be ON or OFF by default

I would like to get to the bottom of this soon so I can begin processing.

I uninstalled 1.8.8-9, deleted all supporting files and installed 1.8.8-8 and the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

Your files are not available for download. It sounds like you are double calibrating your data (somehow).
You have to change the permissions (create new links) to your data that you uploaded...it is not publicly available to download.

-adam

Adam - don't do anything until I reprocess without BIAS.

Adam - I want to walk through your WBPP YouTube video's again to make sure I am not missing something.

Last edited:
I reran without Flats and Dark/Flats and the black-point was maybe a little better but the plots on HistogramTransformation were pushed far to the left. As I mentioned above I have been using the same steps / process for years without issues. BIAS, Darks, Flats (ADU at ~40%) and Dark/Flats are good.

I did load in a XISF image that was processed last month up the ColorSaturation and it looked dark.

Adam and fredvanner - please look through the WBPP screen grabs and let me know if you see anything. Could this be a STF or WBPP 2.2 issue? An astro-friend follows basically the same steps but runs WBPP 2.1 and has no issues.

I need to step back, do other stuff and consider my options. Adam, if you do look at the data and come up with something let me know. Thx

You did not supply RAW light frames. You already worked on these frames in the past. Sorry to be so strict- but you simply cannot address issues like this without being very specific.

However, I ran your data through WBPP and there is no black clipping and no issues.

-adam

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Jim,

Your issues have nothing to do with WBPP. The black clipping you are getting have to do with your usage of BackNeutralization (or something along these lines) either as part of Color Calibration or PCC. You would not want to run PCC on this data (I don't think...I don't have this kind of filter)- but PCC chromatic scaling of emission line data doesn't make sense to me.

-adam

I should have realized this. I am sorry Adam. I appreciate you taking the time to look at the problem. Upload is slow and should take about 40 minutes. I will send you the link later.

Jim,

Your issues have nothing to do with WBPP. The black clipping you are getting have to do with your usage of BackNeutralization (or something along these lines) either as part of Color Calibration or PCC. You would not want to run PCC on this data (I don't think...I don't have this kind of filter)- but PCC chromatic scaling of emission line data doesn't make sense to me.

-adam
What do you recommend for color calibration? I have used PMCC in the past with good results. The posted images have used this in the past without major issues. These posts used WBPP 2.2, NormalizeScaleGradient ... PhotometricColorCalibration... etc.

I have had issues using BackgroundNeutralization / ColorCalibration in the past on dense star fields.

Back