** Warning: No convergence in MRS noise evaluation routine - using K-sigma noise estimate.done

Just as a point of record, I am having the same issue but only if I use the new patched WBPP script. Manual calibration and integration works fine with all of the same data/frames (light, dark, flat). It worked fine yesterday with the same dataset using the old WBPP script. As a side note, I noticed after WBPP that subframe selector was having issues as well using the output frames, no noise number and some crashes.
Do you mean using the old WBPP script?

Offset is a parameter which can be set in the camera driver. As the name suggests, it defines an offset wich is added to the intensity values of all pixels of an image. For the ASI294MC Pro, the actual value (in ADU) which is added equals to (64 x Offset). So a setting of 'Offset = 30' (this is the default value) means that an offset of 1920 ADU will be added to the intensity values of all pixels.

According to the FITS header, both your old and new light frames are captured with the ASIAIR app using the same gain of 120 and the same offset of 30. However, I doubt that this was the value was actually set when you captured your old light frames. It rather looks like they were captured with an offset value of 0.

Did you try to change the offset value in the acquisition software or the camera driver when you captured the old light frames?

Bernd

Offset is a parameter which can be set in the camera driver. As the name suggests, it defines an offset wich is added to the intensity values of all pixels of an image. For the ASI294MC Pro, the actual value (in ADU) which is added equals to (64 x Offset). So a setting of 'Offset = 30' (this is the default value) means that an offset of 1920 ADU will be added to the intensity values of all pixels.

According to the FITS header, both your old and new light frames are captured with the ASIAIR app using the same gain of 120 and the same offset of 30. However, I doubt that this was the value was actually set when you captured your old light frames. It rather looks like they were captured with an offset value of 0.

Did you try to change the offset value in the acquisition software or the camera driver when you captured the old light frames?

Bernd

Bernd
No, offset value in the acquisition software or the camera driver has not been changed. everything is the same.

I don't know what happened when you captured the old light frames. This is neither an issue that is caused by PixInsight nor by the WBPP script. Your old light frames are corrupted. I suppose that the old light frames are actually captured with an offset of 0, whereas the FITS header says: offset was set to 30. That's all I can contribute.

Perhaps you can ask the camera manufacturer about it.

Bernd

No, offset value in the acquisition software or the camera driver has not been changed. everything is the same.
I'm sorry, but either the camera / capture settings have changed, or the older light frames have already had some processing applied. It is clear that everything is not the same.

I don't know what happened when you captured the old light frames. This is neither an issue that is caused by PixInsight nor by the WBPP script. Your old light frames are corrupted. I suppose that the old light frames are actually captured with an offset of 0, whereas the FITS header says: offset was set to 30. That's all I can contribute.

Perhaps you can ask the camera manufacturer about it.

Bernd
Yes, you are right. We can come to an obvious conclusion that there maybe a bug from ASIAir. I will ask ZWO tomorrow. Thank you very much.

When the ASCOM camera driver is used, you can change the default offset value in the ASI camera setup dialog. When you set an offset of 0 for the acquisition of suitable dark frames for your old light frames, don't forget to set it back to the default value of 30 afterwards.

I don't use the ASIAIR app, so I don't know whether it uses the ASCOM camera driver or ZWO's native camera driver. Please ask the camera manufacturer how to proceed using the ASIAIR app.

Bernd

I have just had the same issue with some images I took a couple of nights ago. Likewise I was using the latest WBPP V2.0.2 My camera is a ZWO ASI 1200mm Pro.

I read through the thread and gleaned that there seemed to be an issue with gain or offset values. I use APT for imaging and creation of my calibration frames. I checked my settings as I had only finished the darks this morning, I noticed I had not input a value for gain in APT whilst creating my darks (doh!). Nonetheless the FITS header for my darks said Gain 139 Offset 40. I have just made a test run of 10 x 300 second darks, I made sure to input a gain of 139.

Just tested these new 10 darks with 10 lights, 10 flats, 10 dark flats, yippee all is good.
I tried the same test with 10 of the old darks got the error message "No convergence in MRS noise evaluation routine" and had a master light frame that looked a bit like a star mask.

Hope this helps if you are a fellow APT user

Attachments

• Soul test.jpg
    Soul test.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 45
Hi Steve,

thank you for your feedback! Apparently this is a bug in APT (offset value in the FITS header doesn't match the actually applied offset value). I hope that you will write a note to the APT developer in order that it is noticed and can be fixed.

Bernd

Hello, I'm getting the same Warning. I'm imaging in Narrowband and I have the most screwy results and am at my wits end as to fixing the issue. These are the streached results that I get. Total junk. Camera is an ASI 6200, Frames are at 600s each with a gain of 0. Scope is an EdgeHD 11" But I have also seen some screwy stuff using my RC 10" If you have questions I can try and answer and even put files up on google drive if needed. FYI, all calibration frame are only a couple days old, hell the photons haven't had time to dry on them.

Attachments

• PIWTF.png
    PIWTF.png
    474.2 KB · Views: 40
I have experienced the same problem. I searched the whole internet and you won't guess what was the culprit. Bad RAM stick.
When I tested my RAM sticks with program memtest86, it showed me that one of my memory sticks is bad, when I removed it,
no errors. No PI problems, no problems at all. I wouldn't guess this in a milion years, but I was fortunate enough because I was playing in my BIOS with RAM a few days after this happened, so I have randomly found it.

Back