VNG Debayer Not Working

Starcruiser

Recently acquired a QHY268C and did a quick image run on M13 while I had the opportunity. 24 subs after debaying RGGB VNG after integration essentially produced a monochorome image. Did a Channel Extraction of the image and viewed the histograms in Histogram Transformation. All histograms were essentially equal.

So as an experiment I used several subs in CCDStack to see how it's debayer algorithm would perform and there was color...hmm. So I went back to PI and instead of using VNG chose Bilinear on one of the subs, the image had some color. Did a Channel Extraction on it and checked the individual RGBs in Histogram Transformation and there were indeed variances in the color channels unlike the VNG version. VNG worked fine for me in the past with other cameras so what could be going wrong now?

I am using version 1.8.8.5 and updated it yesterday.

Here is a screen shot of the outcomes, top image is Bilinear debayering and bottom image is VNG on one subframe:

Last edited:
Well I tried to delete this thread for now but do not see an option. For the moment I an going to assume there was insufficient integration time to get enough color information.

Back