Updated Reference Documentation + AutoHistogram Tool

Juan Conejero

PixInsight Staff
Staff member
Hi all,

Today we have released two updates: one for the whole reference documentation and another for the AutoHistogram tool.

The reference documentation update fixes lots of errors and includes new versions of many important documents. In particular, the documentation for all geometry processes has been revised to include the new interpolation algorithms that we have implemented recently, and in some cases we have almost rewritten entire documents.

I want to draw your attention to a few documents where we have included very important information and new examples:

Interpolation Algorithms in PixInsight

Please take a look at the examples we have included at the bottom of this document. We have added interesting comparisons that show the performance of different interpolations for image downsampling, upsampling, and rotation. There is also a quantitative analysis that you should know.

StarAlignment Reference Documentation

The repercussion of the new interpolation algorithms to image registration is crucial. I especially ask you to read the examples I have included in the section on pixel interpolations of the above document.

The first example may not seem too spectacular, but in the second one, where we compare the performance of different pixel interpolation algorithms with the integration of 20+ registered images, you'll see the true importance of the recent changes we have introduced to PixInsight's image registration and geometry tools.

AutoHistogram Reference Documentation

Finally, we have authored the documentation for this nice tool, written by PTeam member Carlos Milovic. The documentation reflects the changes made in the latest version of this tool, which we have also distributed today as an update.

Hope you like it!

Back