"unsaved data may be lost"

shinken

Silly question but... is there a way to prevent PI from asking every time if I want to close a window because of the warning "unsaved data may be lost"?

The only way I know is to make sure that you have saved your modified subs as XISF as the last step before you exit the application.

Further, here is a link to a thread where I had asked a similar question last year.

You can select the image and run the following command from the Process Console window:

close --force

If you want to close all images without confirmation, you can run:

close --force *

Of course, by doing this you are assuming the risk of losing data if the images have been modified and have not been saved.

Thank you.

That brings me to another question: how do I select multiple windows at the same time in order to close them? The typical Windows option of SHIFT-Click or CONTROL-Click on the window frame does not work within PI.

Many times I have intermediary images (like masks, etc.) that I know I don't want to save but I also don't want to be bothered with having to confirm that I want to close them without saving each one. May I request that in the future a global preference setting may address this issue provided it would be of use for others as well?

Last edited:
You can use the close command with wildcards. We do this all the time. For example:

close --force mask*

This command would close unconditionally all images whose identifiers start with the 'mask' prefix. Similarly:

close --force *_rejection*

would close all images with identifiers containing '_rejection'. Image identifiers are extremely useful elements of the PixInsight environment, and using them in a well planned way is important to get the most out of our user interface.

Enter the following command to get complete help on the close command:

help close

Back