Unnecessary Files saved in Project?

ngc1535

PixInsight Ambassador
Hi,

Today I used WBPP and the generated files are saved to disk as normal.
However, (because I create instructional videos) I needed to save a project in order to keep the same positions of views and windows on the desktop.
I only had an empty blink process open.

When I saved the project however, it appears to be writing temporary views that are opened and closed in the course of doing WBPP operations.
This looks like a bug to me. Nearly a Gb of data... but not necessary.

What do you think...am I on the right track?

-adam

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 49
Just to add a data point. Within my project- all drop-down menus show the file list of "ghost" images (the rejection maps). However, if they are actually a part of my project, I can't see them anywhere. (They aren't in another workspace or outside of the screen area (no scroll bars)).

EDIT/UPDATE:

Actually... if I *do* select one of the ghost images from the view selector dropdown (bottom left of screen)- they do show up! So indeed, they are "somewhere* in the PixInsight desktop Universe...but only seen when selected. Weird!

When I Cascade the windows... they show up.
-adam

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    352 KB · Views: 46
Just to add a data point. Within my project- all drop-down menus show the file list of "ghost" images (the rejection maps). However, if they are actually a part of my project, I can't see them anywhere. (They aren't in another workspace or outside of the screen area (no scroll bars)).

EDIT/UPDATE:

Actually... if I *do* select one of the ghost images from the view selector dropdown (bottom left of screen)- they do show up! So indeed, they are "somewhere* in the PixInsight desktop Universe...but only seen when selected. Weird!

When I Cascade the windows... they show up.
-adam
I've seen the same thing, but I never tried to Cascade. I've have started to create the rejection maps on a different workspace, and then clear that workspace when done.

Image windows can be hidden in PixInsight (actually, lots of image windows are created, used and then destroyed by many processes without becoming visible). I think that these hidden windows are simply not being closed automatically by the WBPP script, which is a bug if this is the reason. We have to investigate this.

Hi,

Today I used WBPP and the generated files are saved to disk as normal.
However, (because I create instructional videos) I needed to save a project in order to keep the same positions of views and windows on the desktop.
I only had an empty blink process open.

When I saved the project however, it appears to be writing temporary views that are opened and closed in the course of doing WBPP operations.
This looks like a bug to me. Nearly a Gb of data... but not necessary.

What do you think...am I on the right track?

-adam
Hi Adam,
I am checking but I struggle reproduce it, the code checks for the rejection images generated by ImageIntegration and closes them once found, so the behavior looks correct.
is it reproducible in your case? could you share the files in case?

Robyx

I will need to see if I can reproduce it as well.
I did reset WBPP (files lists and settings) before using it.

I will make the files available later today. They are part of the NGC 3486 instructional video I am reprocessing with the latest/greatest processes and scripts to bring it up to date.

-adam

@RobX
OK. You will need to log in to access this page..but all of the data is there if you want to examine it.

Thanks,
adam

I have an issue decompressing the DATA zip file, somehow the format is not recognized.
Does it work for you?

Yes it does work for me. (I also have not heard any complaints from anyone else.) It is likely you didn't get quite a fill download.
I was not notified of this response...sorry I am so late to see it! @RobX

-adam

Yes it does work for me. (I also have not heard any complaints from anyone else.) It is likely you didn't get quite a fill download.
I was not notified of this response...sorry I am so late to see it! @RobX

-adam
No problem, I’ll download once again and check.

Back