Unable to log in to Software Distribution system with my log in credentials

Astrojockey

I am trying to log in to the software distribution system to download PI on my observatory laptop. When I put in my credentials the system says "Access Denied. Incorrect user credentials" I know the credentials are correct since I recently successfully downloaded the latest core system update. But to be sure, I used the forgot PW link and reset my PW (used the same PW as before" and got a successfully changed PW message from the system. The only difference is now I am attempting to log in from my laptop as opposed to my desktop machine. I am on the same network as before.
Don Anderson

probably you should use this form.

your other post will probably get deleted as the Announcements forum is for announcements...

I am trying to log in to the software distribution system to download PI on my observatory laptop. When I put in my credentials the system says "Access Denied. Incorrect user credentials" I know the credentials are correct since I recently successfully downloaded the latest core system update. But to be sure, I used the forgot PW link and reset my PW (used the same PW as before" and got a successfully changed PW message from the system. The only difference is now I am attempting to log in from my laptop as opposed to my desktop machine. I am on the same network as before.
Don Anderson

A few very simple points to check.

Are you using a password manager to autofill the user name and password?
My web browser often can’t tell the difference between the password for this forum and the password for the distribution server and I need to manually override the auto selection.

If using a password manager does it auto-detect an updated password as you enter it or do you have to manually update changes to your stored passwords?

If typing the password manually and your password contains any “special” characters is the keyboard layout mapping on your laptop the same as on your desktop machine?

Does your password accidentally contain any white-space?

Have you cleared your browser caches and rebooted your modem/router?

Thanks for the reply. The problem was my bad. I did have a space in my pass word that I didn’t detect. Sometimes hard to see when using special characters. All good now. Sorry for the waste of time?
Don

Back