Unable to find an initial set of putative star pair matches

How to use CosmeticCorrection with WBPP:
First, run the CosmeticCorrection process (from the Process menu), and set the configuration like this:
1691012108383.png

Note that the only changes to the initial configuration are to check "CFA" (since your images are CFA images), check "Use Auto detect", and check "Hot Sigma" leaving the default value of 3.
Now drag the blue triangle onto the desktop, creating an icon that captures your settings:
1691012344981.png

I would suggest that you then right-click the icon and "Set Icon Identifier" to something like "CC_CFA". If you save this icon you will be able to reload it (rather than having to re-create it).

Then, when you set up WBPP, on the "calibration" tab, select one of your "lights" sets, and select "Cosmetic Correction" and select your icon name from the dropdown:
1691012803759.png

If you select "Apply to all light frames" you don't have to select and apply to each set of light frames.
Then run WBPP as usual.
Using only this calibration I was able to align and integrate the L-eNhance (OH) frames:
1691013485897.jpeg

The d2OS frames have so far resisted my efforts.

Wow, great you got the L-Enhance worked out!
I wasn‘t aware how effective/powerful the cosmetic correction is, and how simple it can be deployed.
D2 filter subs seemed a lot dimmer indeed and thus less good SNR …

I think I got lost in working out how I could run different images to the list every time I run WBPP on different targets - not understanding how cool these process links work. Pixinsight seems to be an endless universe of incredible hidden features :)

Thank you for showing me how to work it out, @fredvanner

Arny

Back