two requests for user interaction

mborland

Here are two improvements I'd like to see related to PixInsight user interaction. I'm using PixInsight on linux:
  1. Provide an option to prevent PixInsight from switching desktop workspaces. I use the workspace feature of my linux desktop and like to keep PI in one desktop workspace, where I also have a document with processing notes. When some processing step is time-consuming, I usually switch to another desktop workspace and do something else. In some cases (e.g., Batch Preprocessing script), when PI finishes what it is doing, it pops over into the desktop workspace on which I'm presently focused, forcing me to move it back. It's annoying and I'd like a way to prevent it.
  2. In a similar vein, I'd like the option to set up an audible alert when PI finishes doing something. That way, I know that it is ready for me to do the next step.
--Michael

Another example related to item 1 makes the issue more clear: when I load a large number of files into the Blink process, I don't want to sit there and watch it load, so I change to another desktop workspace. However, as soon as (and each time) the loading-progress dialog updates, PixInsight moves itself to my active desktop workspace, over top of whatever I'm working on there! I can't get away from it and have no choice but to wait while it finishes!

--Michael

Back