Tutorial for Planetary Imaging: RGB Balance and Batch Processing

raphi

Hi everyone,

I've created a video tutorial to show how to RGB balance a series of planetary images using pixelmath in one batch and also how to do other processing like deconvolution and wavelet sharpening in batches. Using pixelmath and ImageContainer is a very convenient way to process images and shows how useful PixInsight can be for planetary.

I hope that with this tutorial more people will start to use PixInsight for planets and share their findings so we can all learn from each other.

Oh and in case you are wondering, the accent you hear is finest Swiss-English and yes I know I need a new mic
laugh.gif

Hi Raphi,
I am still very much a new user of Pixinsight and I always seem to learn something new when I visit the forums. I did not know of image containers prior to watching your video, so thank you very much!

I do have a question for you, why are you balancing the R,G,B channel amplitudes of the pixels? If you were looking at a planet that was biased towards one color (say red) wouldn't you expect & want the color channels to be unbalanced??

BTW your mic sounded fine to me, & I have always found the language skills of the Swiss to be excellent!;)
Chip

Great to see that I am not the only one interested in planetary :D

Being a Linux user, registax works very bad to me (mostly interface flaws under wine). Now that I am learning to use the MLT I might be able to stop using registax at all.

Would love to see more planetary-oriented processes in PI, though.

Back