Trying to install pixinsight on a 2nd computer

dhanford

I bought my commercial license yesterday and installed it on one computer. Now I am trying to install it on my 2nd computer but when I carefully and correctly enter my password it tells me it is invalid. I tried to follow the instructions to copy it from the 1st computer to the 2nd I can't find the file under documents. I see a pixinsight file in "program files" it has over 1000 items on it. Is that the file I would need to copy?

no - the program files folder is the actual pixinsight application. you should have a PI installer that you downloaded the first time which you can copy to and run on the new computer.

as for finding and copying the license file to the new computer, it is covered in the FAQ here:

rob

as to your question about the password - are you trying to activate the license again? this will only work once. after that one activation, you need to copy the license file to your 2nd computer rather than trying to activate from within PI a second time.

if you are trying to log into dist.pixinsight.com using a web browser (to download installers) but can not, then there is some kind of problem that juan needs to resolve.

rob

You don't need to copy any file. Please read the instructions email you have received entirely. That email, among other important things, describes the procedure to activate your license on multiple computers. See also FAQ 2.7, which provides essentially the same information:

Back