This is probably what you are looking for....sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    454.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    295.6 KB · Views: 37
It looks as though calibration of your master flat has not removed the bias (exactly why will depend on what workflow you used for the master flat).

Almost. ;) Instead of the statistics of the MasterFlat I would like to see the statistics of the MasterFlatDark (or the MasterBias) that was used for the calibration of the flat frames in your last WBPP run.

Oh, in post #21, both cases show the statistics of the MasterFlat -- so I still need the statistics of the MasterDark.

When I check under Programs and select Pixinsight...
Does the error message mean anything to you?
Thanks, Dan
You need to select the first file in the list WeightedBatchPreprocessing.js, not the one with the "-engine" postfix :)

Warning [156]: C:/Program Files/Pixinsight/src/scripts/Weighted Batch Preprocessing/Weighted Batch Preprocessing-engine.js, line 4996: assignment to undeclared variable activeFrames
This warning should not produce a real issue, anyway I already fixed it and it will not appear anymore from the next release.

Robyx

MasterDark:
mean 154.7, median 153.3

and

MasterFlatDark:
mean 154.5, median 154.1

That looks OK to me.

So presumably the deviation must be in the settings for capturing the light and flat frames. In order to find out what it is, access to the frames is required. Are you willing to upload some files to a filehoster and post the (public) link here? I would need some light and flat frame (4 frames each would be sufficient), and the MasterDark and MasterFlat.

The files are too big for direct upload in the forum, therefore please upload them to a filehoster like Dropbox, or Microsoft's OneDrive or Google Drive (this is free, but an account is required). Then you create a public link which can be copied and pasted into a post in this forum.

Just so you know,
As this is now the 4th night of imaging with this problem (never had this issue in the past with either BPP or WBPP or WBPP2.1,
I have been running WBPP with 4 flats, 4 lights, a master dark and a master flat dark....in the interest of time to see if the problem recurs.
What I noticed today is, when I select the control panel for flats, it shows it will calibrate my flat frames with my master flat dark......as expected.
When I select the control panel for lights, it show calibration ONLY with the master dark and does not include the master flat in the calibration.
Normally the calibration diagram would show Lights -- Master Dark ---Master Flat--- calibrated light. Today, no master flat included in the calibration diagram.
Thanks,
Dan

When I select the control panel for lights, it show calibration ONLY with the master dark and does not include the master flat in the calibration.
Normally the calibration diagram would show Lights -- Master Dark ---Master Flat--- calibrated light. Today, no master flat included in the calibration diagram.
This approach is correct when the option 'Dark frame optimization' is NOT enabled. In this case, the MasterFlatDark was used only for the calibration of the flat frames.

Regarding the lights calibration diagram, wouldn't the master flat created be use when calibrating the lights. There is no indication that the master flat is involved with light frame calibration....only the master dark show up on the calibration diagram

I will try to use Drop box and create a folder that includes requested files. Do I allow sharing with forum.admin@pixinsight.com?
In Dropbox, you create the folder and upload the files into the new folder. Then you leave this folder, this will show the list of folders. For the new folder, you click on the 'Share' icon (it's the icon with the arrow pointing upwards in the last column). You don't insert an email address, but click on 'Create and copy link'. This (public) link has to be pasted into your post in this forum.

Regarding the lights calibration diagram, wouldn't the master flat created be use when calibrating the lights. There is no indication that the master flat is involved with light frame calibration....only the master dark show up on the calibration diagram
The MasterFlat (actually the MasterBias) would be needed only if you applied the option 'Dark frame optimization'.

Edit:
Oops, typo. The sentence above should read:
The MasterFlatDark (actually the MasterBias) would be needed only if you applied the option 'Dark frame optimization'.

Last edited:
Please post a screenshot of the "control panel" tab of WBPP as it is set up immediately before you run it.

Back to question of master flat creation. It is my understanding that the master flat dark is used to calibrate the individual flat frames (of same exposure duration) an thus creates a Master Flat. This Master Flat and the Master Dark are then used to calibrate the light frames. Is this incorrect?

Back