Suggestion for a new “object” - file list

Yannis Doukakis

I do not know if I misunderstood something in the software, but I find myself spending a lot of time selecting files, even files that were the output of the previous operation.
So a new “object” that would contain a list of files and can be an input and an output to many operations would save time.
For example create a new tool, that would scan a folder and create these file-lists, per object, per type (light/flat/dark) and per filter.
Then I would drag this to a tool as input (E.g. star align) and the tool creates a new file-list with the resulting files.
Then I could drag this new list to image integrate and so on.
It could save us a lot of time selecting things in open dialogs.

Is 'Process > Image Container' what you are asking for ?

Not fully automated but will do some of your list.

Is 'Process > Image Container' what you are asking for ?

Not fully automated but will do some of your list.
Is there a way to use this container as an input to another tool? For example can I open Blink and use the Image Container as input? This is the time-saving step.
All the tools' AddFiles open the system File-Open dialog box.

This is the time-saving step.
All the tools' AddFiles open the system File-Open dialog box.

Ah! Sorry, I misread your question. For me this is only a very minor part of my processing time. The way my files are named and organised by my capture software makes this pretty quick - just a couple of clicks to get the right folder, or a couple of characters in the search box, then 'Select All' and 'Enter'.

this seems useful to me - to be able to drag a list of file names to a process icon or between processes that take lists of files. like to drag the files in Blink to ImageCalibration or something like that.

this seems useful to me - to be able to drag a list of file names to a process icon or between processes that take lists of files. like to drag the files in Blink to ImageCalibration or something like that.
I spent ages just yesterday trying to work out how to drag a list of specific files from Blink to another process. I ended up having to use Blink to move them temporarily to another directory just to be able to select them (and this caused issues later as directories are embedded in meta files like lnorm and drizzle). Please please please add this functionality :)

Back