SubframeSelector Reject Frames?

james423896

I use SubframeSelector extensively prior to integration as a way of measuring my subs. One of the main things I look for is high level cloud damaging subs which is easy to identify by using the stars measure. It is easy to mark subs as rejected if stars<nnnn but the SubframeSelector can only output approved files.
Am I the only one who wants it to work in reverse, as a way of culling subs and moving them somewhere else (like the old script used to)?

This is especially painful for me because I am taking lots of short exposures and my current best solution is scroll through the list of rejected subs and manually move them into a rejects folder. This is fine when it affects a block of subs, but if it is sparse (say 1 or 2 frames every few 10s or so) this process is a total nightmare!

Second that. This is why I'm still using the old script instead of the new process. I could not figure out how the process can move rejected frames to another directory and keep approved frames in place.

what i do is a little crazy - after getting the selection right, i invert the selection and then output all the files to a sub-directory of where the calibrated files live. so then i have a bunch of _a files which are actually rejects. at that point i go into the shell and move all the files with the same root name (everything that matches up to _a.xisf) into the same subdirectory. but it requires some shell knowledge and for me it is specific to tcsh which might not apply to everyone elses system (and for windows systems i have no idea how to accomplish it short of installing cygwin.)

anyway by doing this i have removed all the bad images from the calibrated files directory. it is very roundabout and i agree that a better solution is needed. the author of the process version of SFS is a different person than the script version (both PI users themselves) and they made different design decisions.

rob

This is still a problem, it would be great to have a move rejected feature.

Additionally, the process fails if it encounters files with 0 stars such as those heavily damaged by cloud. It would be great if it could handle this error gracefully as these are the exact type of frames I want to reject!

Back