SubframeSelector *** Error: FileDataCache::Load(): Corrupted cache data.

Ginyu2003

I am running a Windows 10 Pro ThinkPad. When I try and run SubframeSlector is gives me an error. I attempted multiple files and I attempted a complete uninstall and re-install, and the error is still there. I did install the new 1.8.8-6 version but I'm pretty sure It's worked since I installed the update.

Any advice on how to fix this?
Thank you,
Richard

SubframeSelector Crash.png

Hi Richard,

This problem has not been reported before, and I cannot reproduce it on any machine. This does not happen under normal working conditions, so it is a machine-specific issue.

Well, the error message says it all: corrupted cache data. So the problem is that the main PixInsight settings file has been damaged or corrupted. On Windows, file corruption is not something infrequent: wrong/buggy system updates, third party bloatware trying to 'help' you, antivirus applications, viruses and poor filesystem design are among typical causes.

To solve this problem you'll have to reset all PixInsight settings. There is a specific option in the Start menu on Windows: PixInsight > Reset PixInsight Settings (or something like that; I don't have a Windows box at hand now). Select that option and answer yes to the confirmation dialog box. Let me know if this helps.

Hi Richard,

This problem has not been reported before, and I cannot reproduce it on any machine. This does not happen under normal working conditions, so it is a machine-specific issue.

Well, the error message says it all: corrupted cache data. So the problem is that the main PixInsight settings file has been damaged or corrupted. On Windows, file corruption is not something infrequent: wrong/buggy system updates, third party bloatware trying to 'help' you, antivirus applications, viruses and poor filesystem design are among typical causes.

To solve this problem you'll have to reset all PixInsight settings. There is a specific option in the Start menu on Windows: PixInsight > Reset PixInsight Settings (or something like that; I don't have a Windows box at hand now). Select that option and answer yes to the confirmation dialog box. Let me know if this helps.
Hi Juan,

would you please clarify how to reset Pixinsight in Windows? I am having the same issue and posted my issue in general forum. I have uninstalled and reinstalled pixinsight, including trying an older version, but still get the same issue. I did not have image integration issues until this until yesterday. Please help and thanks!

Thomcraft, I am having possible similar issues but I have a Linux machine. I was able to get Image integration to run if I unchecked the file cache box. You might want to try that to see if it works. Just a suggestion. It does not fix the issue but might be a temporary workaround. Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike! Unfortunately unchecking the file cache box did not work. Bummer because I am stumped on this. But at least I I am now getting familiar with DSS. Cheers!

I just did a reset of Pixinsight in Linux. That took care of my problem. Not sure how that is done in Windows

Hello.
I faced a similar problem.
I work on macos with version 1.8.8-6 and all the latest updates, but there was a problem with it - under macos it does not open raw files from Canon 6D (cr2). I rolled back to the previous version 1.8.8-5 which works successfully with this format. But in ImageIntegrator, I get the error

*** Error: FileDataCache::Load(): Corrupted cache data

Please tell me two things
1) Is there support for raw in the version 1.8.8-6 for macos?
2) How to reset the cache in PixInsight for imac?

Thanks, and best regards, Denis.

@Denis you are most likely running osx 10.13 which is incompatible with libRAW (the library used to open CR2 files.)

in the ImageIntegration process, click the little wrench down at the bottom of the process pane and then click "clear memory cache now" and "purge persistent cache now", and hopefully it will start working.

Back