Subframe Selector

lando55

I am trying to use the Subframe Selector process on my calibrated and cosmetically corrected images and I am getting the following warning in the process console:

** Warning: Noise estimates are not available in the image metadata and are being calculated from possibly non-raw or uncalibrated data. Image weights can be inaccurate.
** Warning: PSF signal estimates are not available in the image metadata and are being calculated from possibly non-raw or uncalibrated data. Image weights can be inaccurate.
** Warning: Noise scaling factors are not available in the image metadata and are being calculated from possibly non-raw or uncalibrated data. Image weights can be inaccurate.

I am also getting very odd results for noise, SNR and weight. I attached a screenshot with the results. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-25 113045.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-25 113045.png
    660.9 KB · Views: 44
then... the only thing i can think of is that they were calibrated and CC in a prior version of PI?

or it is possible that the CC process is not preserving the fits header tags that SFS is expecting. what happens if you run with calibrated but not cosmetically corrected images?

rob

The same warning is shown when I load just a calibrated frame or even just a raw frame. Everything was calibrated and cosmetically corrected this morning using the same version of PI. The only thing I would note is that I did upgrade to the latest release of PI (1.8.9-1) yesterday.

Back