subframe selector sorting

tommy_nawratil

hello Juan,
a small wish :love:- with Subframe Selector, files get auto indexed by some hidden (to me) process.
And it is possible to sort the list by anything but the name.
I am just testing different things with our new Mgen-3 guider, and have a row of files I want to check FWHM.
What does multistar guiding mean to FWHM on the taken raw pictures? :p
Without possibility to sort for the file name (includes time stamp) the diagram is just meaningless in this case.
Switching Multistar guiding on and off every 3 pics could be seen nicely in the curve if it just could be sorted for filename :rolleyes:

best regards, Tommy

Hi Tommy,

upon adding files to the SubframeSelector window, you can sort the files by name in the file sector box. Load one group (e.g. no multistar guiding applied) first and subsequently the second group (multistar guiding applied). When you measure the images, this succession is maintained. So in the Measurements window, the two groups remain separated when sorting by index is chosen.

Bernd

hello Bernd,

yes by loading the files one by one I was able to have them in proper sequence
I have to admit sometimes being impatient to do what computers want, instead of computers doing what I want
no pun intended, its too common a thing :sneaky:

best, Tommy

I was not proposing to load the images one by one.

As I wrote above, you can sort the files by name in the file selector box of the SubframeSelector window. If the filenames are chosen properly, the sorting will provide one block of files with and one block of files without multistar guiding.

Now select the first block and add the files, and subsequently add the second. So if you got 200 images, there are 2 "Add files" procedures. Is that asked too much?

Bernd

yes that works, but I needed the frames sorted in timeline. As time passes by, the test field went lower in the sky
and seeing conditions got worse influencing FWHMs systematically. As well as affecting the guider and rms shown.
Also, seeing can vary a lot during even one hour. Realsky is not so easy and reproducable like the lab.
Only way to sort out these effects so-so is to change guiding algorithm often and compare what happens in succession.

saludos to the happy Island, Tommy

Workaround: export the data in CSV format (Measurements window)t, import into a spreadsheet and sort in the spreadsheet software (e.g. LibreOffice). This gives you all flexibility that you need.

Bern

Hi Tommy,

upon adding files to the SubframeSelector window, you can sort the files by name in the file sector box. Load one group (e.g. no multistar guiding applied) first and subsequently the second group (multistar guiding applied). When you measure the images, this succession is maintained. So in the Measurements window, the two groups remain separated when sorting by index is chosen.

Bernd
1. This is exactly what I want: To sort the files by file name, but I cannot find how to do this. Is the below the correct window? Then what to do?
2. I would be happy to have the option in the Measurements Table to sort on the File Name and have the graph update. That is not an option, and unfortunately the graph can only plot in the Index Number Order, not the order of anything I sorted. Am I missing something? How to make the graphs more useful to see trends?

1638339754758.png

Thanks,
Roger

Back