Subframe Selector Process settings

danoid

Is there a way for the Subframe Selector process to have it's settings persistent? The older script would keep things like System Parameters and Expressions from session to session. The new Process forces me to look up the numbers and paste in each time. The process 'wrench' only has cache settings. Am I missing something?

if you configure it the way you want and then drag the triangle to the desktop, a process icon should be created that has all the settings saved. you can then double-click that to invoke SFS and it should repopulate with all the settings.

As best I can tell the expressions are not preserved. The settings on the SubFrameSelector pane itself are, but not the expressions for approval and weighting.

Ironically this was the first process I tried to save off to reuse. :oops:

that's a bug then, maybe juan can fix that. i don't see why the expressions are any different than the rest of the stuff in SFS.

Well, that's one way, but the script was persistent across program starts. This way creates a program icon that goes away when I close the program correct?

you can save the process icon to disk (or multiple process icons) - just select it/them and then from the Process menu, select Process Icons > Save Process Icons... note that when you load them again you probably want to use "merge process icons..." or else all existing process icons are removed before the icons are read from disk.

alternatively if you save a project and then reload the project, all the process icons will come back.

rob

I was hoping that in the 'settings' of the tool there could be an option to 'save system parameters' that could cover this. In general it would be an advantage to be able to save certain settings in many tools. Subframe Selector, Photometric Color Calibration, Image Integration, Image Registration just off the top of my head are processes that I put in the same options every time. Should this request be moved to Wish List?

EDIT - I tried making a 'base' project by setting up Subframe Selector and saving the project. Settings didn't save. Is that because I closed the tool before saving the project thus clearing the tool settings?

i don't think closing the tool should clear the tool settings. did you try making a process icon?

rob

No I didn't make a process icon. The settings didn't clear with closing the tool, but they didn't save into the 'base' project either. Maybe because the tool was closed at time of save. I guess I'll have to make project icons for each tool I'm interested in having persistent settings for, save an icon and move them to a different workspace to relieve clutter.

Back