Subframe Selector PCL Module

yeah - nice job on the final implementation. the floating panels will take some getting used to but it continues to be integral to my processing workflow

Brian

Hello Igor,
Thanks to Juan it now follows a pattern similar to most processes; that is initially hidden from the user but if you Edit the Instance's Source code with the icon at the bottom right, there's a parameter in there that you can change.

Thanks Cameron for the great update to subframe selector.

I really like having both prefix and postfix available now. In the previous version on the script I hacked it so I could add a property like FWHM or Weight to the prefix or postfix of a file. Very useful for a quick sort of files. I'm wondering is there a way to add property variables to the postfix or prefix in the Subframe Selector PCL Module?

Thanks.
Sam

Hello at all,

Im used the old sfs for a long time and now the new subframeselector process.
Gratulation for the new tool !!!!

Before some days i did the update to the new PI Version 1.08.06.1448
Sometimes the tool worked well but most of time (and at the moment allways) an issue appears - see attachment.

I dont know what i can do....

Thanks for an idea.

kind regards
Robert

Attachments

• Subframeselector.jpg
    Subframeselector.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi Robert,

This is a known problem with the current version. We are working to fix it, sorry for the inconvenience.

However, when this happens, please close PixInsight and run it again. The script execution error only happens occasionally, or at least this is what we have seen so far.

Am I missing something here, in your screenshots it shows the Subframe Selector and the Measurements window combined, in my 1.8.6 on Windows 10 it shows them as two separate windows

Attachments

• PixInsightSubframeSelector.jpg
    PixInsightSubframeSelector.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 60
Hello,

I've been using the module with 1.8.5 and I am now trying with 1.8.6. The graph error appears almost all the time.

I'm using a laptop with high density pixels under windows 10, so that there is scaling of the screen and the pixinsight UI. Could it be related ????

Thanks,

Tried this evening on my other PC which has a "regular" display (no scaling) still under windows 10. No error appeared during manipulations :)

Other differences can exist (this is a fresh windows install, while the previous laptop has been running for 2 years), but this still is a hint.

Edit : I made another test on the "scaled" screen and it works with a different screen configuration. I forgot to mention that I'm working on multiple screen configuration, which seems to be an issue with Pixinsight : the auxiliary screen cannot be "above" the main screen. So I changed the screen positions to level both screen vertically, and the graphs are working properly. So that may be another cause of the issue, instead of scaling :).

Cheers,

New SubframeSelector process is great, now I can automate it from my script.

My problem is that it leaves Measurements and Expressions windows open. Is there a way not to open them, or close them from a script?

Another issue is that my script dialog window goes empty when I use SubframeSelector inside my script. All buttons and text is blank, I see only one frame in the script dialog window. This could be my use of Dialog but it did not happen until I started calling SubframeSelector.

Thanks,
Jarmo

Hello at all,

I hope somebody can help me....
Im seeking for a "Approved" formula.

For me it wouldt be fine: FWMW<2.5    Eccentricity < 0.55      and SNRWeight < 17
I hope thats possible to combine this.

I tried but cant get no red crosses.
Screenshot is attached.

Thank everybody !
Robert

Attachments

• Approved.jpg
    Approved.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 54
Try using the boolean AND operation, for example: "FWHMSigma<2.5 && Eccentricity<0.55 && SNRWeight>17"  This will approve subs that meet all three criteria.  I turned around your SNRWeight expression.  For that parameter bigger is better :)

Graphs not works for me in new Subframe Selector.
Some clue why?

Attachments

• Subframe_Selector_without_graph.png
    Subframe_Selector_without_graph.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 54
I have PI installed on two computers, and tried that graph works on Windows 7 but not in Windows 8.1 (or perhaps some library missing or unupdated or ...)  :sad:

Pepe, do you see the graphs from the newer PCC module? Previously, I was simply setting the graph view directly with the generated HTML and web scripts for the graph. However, Juan discovered an interesting bug in QT that was giving some users the crashing graphs issues. So, he reworked it to be like those, which technically write their HTML to a temporary file and load that into the view. It should work the same between these two.

I'm not familiar with the temporary directories on Windows, but checking the PCC and where these temporary files go would be my first troubleshooting steps.

Brian:
Graphs works in my PC W7 without any data, as you can see. Thanks.

Cameron:
Thanks for your response, but I'm sorry, I'm not a computer programmer ( only an astrophotographer  :D ) and do not understand these concepts. I know only that SubframeSelector process not works in my W8.1 laptop, and I have to return to old Mike Schuster's "SubframeSelector" in the "Script" Menu  :-\

Attachments

• subframe_selector_nodata.png
    subframe_selector_nodata.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 43
Back