Subframe selector - no graph?

magnusl

Hi!

This is probably very stupid.

I am using the subframe selector, but now the process instead of the script. I cannot produce a graph. When I open it, the area is just grey. Nothing happens to it when I measure, set approval values and so on. See attached screenshot.

So: how do I display the graph...? This is on Ubuntu 18.04.

Magnus

Attachments

• PI_subfram_sel.png
    PI_subfram_sel.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 65
Ehh..... now there is a graph. I didn't do anything, or rather, I went shopping. When coming home, there is a graph....

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Is your Linux distribution using the Nouveau graphics driver? If yes, then you know the cause of all of these problems. See this bug report where another user reports similar problems. Specifically, see my answer, where I provide information on how to remove Nouveau and replace it with the proprietary Nvidia driver. The information I give here is for Fedora distributions, but similar solutions exist for Ubuntu as well. This solves all of these problems on Linux.

Let me know if this helps, in case you are using Nouveau. Otherwise, this is not reproducible.

Hi!

Thanks! Quite correctly, I had the noveau driver. Now I have changed to Nvidia, and it seems the graph works better (updates and is there and all...). So far, this seems solved!

Best,

Magnus

Hi!
I have a very similar problem. When I open the "subframe selector process" I get this kind of error message.
1596693638940.png

My systemi is WIN10 / Dell XPS 13 7390
Pixinsight: 1.8.8-5

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue in my iMac (2017 5K) running BigSur 11.2.3.

Was there a solution to this?

CS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.24.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.24.42 AM.png
    834.5 KB · Views: 44
In the top right corner of the SubframeSelector are two buttons, Fx and a tiny graph. Clicking Fx will bring up "SubframeSelector|Expression and the other button will bring up the SubframeSelector|Measurements (graph)

John

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your reply. When I started PI this morning I saw two new updates (20210318). After installing and restarting PI this issue no longer exists.

I have often had this problem on MacOS, going back since SFS was introduced as a Process (not the script version).

I can *always* close the measurements/graph window, then click Apply to measure again. Takes just a second because all the measurements are in cache, but it regenerates the graph window.

Hello,
I have the same problem.
When I use a process (for example "subframe selector") the measurement graph is not displayed. I have the following error message: "Your file couldn’t be accessedIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND ". If I right click" view page source "then a new window opens with the same error message but I have as well with the address of the image file (an html file). I can open this file with a browser (there is indeed the graphic made by Pix), but not with Pixinsight, why?
When I open Pixinsight I have the following message (see image below). I tried to modify the "swap storage directory" in "Global preferences" it makes the message disappear when opening Pix but it does not solve the problem of displaying the graphic in "subframe selector". I tried opening Pix in admin mode, it also doesn't work. Can you help me?
Thank you

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hello,
I have the same problem.
When I use a process (for example "subframe selector") the measurement graph is not displayed. I have the following error message: "Your file couldn’t be accessedIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND ". If I right click" view page source "then a new window opens with the same error message but I have as well with the address of the image file (an html file). I can open this file with a browser (there is indeed the graphic made by Pix), but not with Pixinsight, why?
When I open Pixinsight I have the following message (see image below). I tried to modify the "swap storage directory" in "Global preferences" it makes the message disappear when opening Pix but it does not solve the problem of displaying the graphic in "subframe selector". I tried opening Pix in admin mode, it also doesn't work. Can you help me?
Thank you

View attachment 11938
View attachment 11939
The problem is your username: Rémi, more precisely the letter "é". I had same problem, my username was Lupták. You cannot use any letters other than English alphabets in the path. I had to create a new user under Windows called Luptak instead of Lupták and reinstall the Pixinsight under it.
In your case, you should do same, change the user name Rémi to Remi and this graph issue will be solved.

The problem is your username: Rémi, more precisely the letter "é". I had same problem, my username was Lupták. You cannot use any letters other than English alphabets in the path. I had to create a new user under Windows called Luptak instead of Lupták and reinstall the Pixinsight under it.
In your case, you should do same, change the user name Rémi to Remi and this graph issue will be solved.
That works thanks. It's not that easy to change the primary username, but I created a secondary user. Thank you for your help.

I have the same issue on my computer. Weird thing is, I don't have this issue on laptop. I tried creating now user and reinstalling PixInsight, but that doesn't seem to help. While PixInsight core application is in different folder, the path to the graph file is still in the same Windows temporary files folder with problematic "ž" letter. So no matter how or where I install PixInsight problem remains, as the graph file path isn't changed. Is there a possible fix? Or maybe I don't know how to create a new user correctly?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 99
  • path.jpg
    path.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi all, I had the same problem on my Windows system: no measurement graph. As stated above by user "rmas" the html file is stored and can be opened with an external browser but not with the build-in PI webbrowser.
Root cause was my windows user name including the letter "ö". Instead of waiting for a PI update I changed my user name avoiding that letter and everything works fine now. Changing the user name in Windows consists of two steps (administrator rights necessary): 1) Changing the user name itself and 2) changing the user document path name in the registry. You'll easily find tutorials.

WelI have this problem now suddenly without any special characters in my name... any hope here? Wasted half an hour.

Well2, if I hold my cursor over the Workspace icon at the bottom I see the window in question to the right of all the other PI windows, but it is off screen. It is beyond my display, like Pi think my display is bigger than it actually is. I managed to save a screenshot withy the workspace prview showing where the windows is off screen.

Attachments

• 2023-02-13 10_07_56-Untitled-1 @ 66.7% (Layer 1, RGB_8) _.jpg
    2023-02-13 10_07_56-Untitled-1 @ 66.7% (Layer 1, RGB_8) _.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back