STF AutoStretch Error

contactvs

Hi:

Could you please advice on the below error I am getting when I am trying to do the STF AutoStretch for the first time I open a stacked image. I have tried quitting and restarting and getting different images but the error keeps poping up, starts with Computing : MAD and then these below

*** Error: Variant::ToDVector(): Invalid conversion from Invalid type

*** PixInsight API Error: GetViewPropertyValue(): Low-level API function error

I have the following Pixinsight and using on my MacBook Pro:

1606497032227.png

Thanks,
Vikram

what OS are you running? i think there are sporatic incompatibilities with 10.13 at this point.

which CPU exactly do you have? PI depends on certain SSE instructions and it's possible your CPU is too old.

rob

which CPU exactly do you have? PI depends on certain SSE instructions and it's possible your CPU is too old.

rob

Hi Rob:

here's the screenshot of my mac config:

1606695909833.png

please let me know if that's what you wanted to know or need any other information. thanks

ok. the CPU has got to be new enough, since it is from 2020. sorry i don't have any more suggestions - usually PI on OSX is very stable and the only time we see weird problems like this is when there is a conflict with some other 3rd-party software.

rob

This problem happens because you are using FITS files where XISF properties have been saved as FITS 'blobs'. This typically happens when you force some preprocessing tools, such as ImageCalibration or StarAlignment, to output FITS files. FITS is deprecated in PixInsight. You should always use the XISF format.

Back